engine/BEC harness needed

BlueDevil

BOOSTED!
Reaction score
So, while wiring my Saleen/GT500 dual pump, I noticed a wire had shorted out at some point in the BEC. :banginghead: It's the larger gauge light green wire with yellow stripe, pin location C12, for the low speed engine cooling fan.
The plastic is melted pretty bad between that wire (C12) and the adjacent wire (C11), so I want to locate and replace the grey plastic connector that all the wires snap into. It even melted through the green clip that retains the wires in the harness.

Does anyone know where I can get one of the grey connectors, or even the whole harness? Car is an '06 GT with a 5 speed. I'll eventually be dong a wire tuck, so the harness will come in handy. At this point, I just want to get everything hooked up and safe so Lito can tune it for the dual pumps.

BlueDevil

BOOSTED!
Reaction score
I have this harness. I bought it from bruce to use when I was going to start my wire tuck but life has caught upto me and i haven't had time to start my tuck and don't know when I will actually start. I opened the box from bruce and it has been like that since.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125334

I see the white with green cover portion of the harness that bolts to the BEC, but does it also have the grey with the white cover?

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
No, its only the green one on the main harness. The green ans gray block look the same you could just re pin that green block to match your current and be good to go. No worries if not let me know its just sitting here.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
melting that wire is fairly common.

you might have a wire connector or two you can use from your gt500 harness ;)

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Common issue, I replaced it with 10awg wire to my fan and replaced the speed resistor on the shroud to fix it.

BlueDevil

BOOSTED!
Reaction score
No, its only the green one on the main harness. The green ans gray block look the same you could just re pin that green block to match your current and be good to go. No worries if not let me know its just sitting here.
They're very close, but there is a spacer on the side that's different. I may just PM you about that...

melting that wire is fairly common.

you might have a wire connector or two you can use from your gt500 harness ;)
Really? That's kind of stupid...on Ford's part...
Plus, I don't have a gt500 harness...??

Common issue, I replaced it with 10awg wire to my fan and replaced the speed resistor on the shroud to fix it.
Probably going to do that.

Does ANYONE have a harness they want to hack for me? Need that grey box...

BlueDevil

BOOSTED!
Reaction score
Bought harness from 00blkvert. Will replace melted harness plug now, then eventually use it during wire tuck.

BlueDevil

BOOSTED!
Reaction score
Done and done. Repinned using part of the harness from 00blkvert.
It was easier than I thought, but I also labeled everything and triple checked it all before calling it done.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back