forum member
Reaction score
18x10, +35mm RPF1...285/30/18 R888.....

Not the best pic, but you get the idea:

trackday22010.jpg

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Just put mine on today. Im extremely upset with the outcome of my luck and recent events.... I was told by the place I bought the wheels from that a +45mm offset on a 18x9.5 wheel would be fine running a 275/40 tires. I made it 2 miles down the road and the tire blew out due to rubbing my coilover on the passenger side. The Driver side just barely rubbed so I am wondering why I am having this problem? Can anyone make any suggestions as too what to do to prevent replacing another $250 tire seeing as I am a college student with $0? lol

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
should not rub any where an 18x9.5 45mm off set is a gt500 wheel you probably need to check what wheels they actually sent you

wheels that are in my sig are 18x10 40mm offset with a 275/40 front with coilovers and was fine
have you checked your alighnment is it a front or rear tire?

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
its a front tire. The driver side touched a little but not like the passenger side did. I feel like an idiot for not checking to see if there was any issues with rubbing or anything. I just assumed it wouldnt because there were alot of people running the same size with no issues. I was actually driving the car to get it aligned and made it 2 miles down the road before the tire gave. The thing was that the car didnt feel different and didnt drive different minus the fact the rear is out of alignment because I added a panhard bar. I didnt smell the tire and couldnt hear it due to my exhaust.

dcjones

forum member
Reaction score
OUCH!! That really sucks!!!

I'm using the 18x9.5 +45's for the rear wheels. I know for drifting that would be way too much offset for the front. I am running 18x9 +35's with a 15mm spacer on the front.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I looked at the wheel and the offsets are +45. I cant figure out for the life of me why the wheel would magically rub the coilover. It just barely touches on the driver side. But the passenger side is digging into the sidewall. I also put my 20's back on that are +40 offset with 255's and the inside of the wheel is about 1/4" away from rubbing the coilover. Can anyone give any insight on why the strut would rub?

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I dont really have a way to. I cant get under the car or a camera behind the wheel to do it.

RDK

forum member
Reaction score
which size and offset did you get?

what tires are you running?

Ignatowski

forum member
Reaction score
I have +45mm 18x9.5 with bfg kdw 275/40/18

I'm running into a similar issue, but I'm running 285/40/18 and it's rubbing slightly on the struts both sides. Same specs as your wheels, mine are the '10 GT500 wheels.
I got some 3mm and 5mm spacers coming, hopefully that cures my issue.

rick@CJPonyParts

CJ Pony Parts
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I looked at the wheel and the offsets are +45. I cant figure out for the life of me why the wheel would magically rub the coilover. It just barely touches on the driver side. But the passenger side is digging into the sidewall.

Are you using camber bolts? Maybe the strut to spindle or even the strut itself is bent.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
well guys I figured out what my problem was. On the bottom of the coilover there are two holes for the knuckle to attach too. I noticed the top hole is slotted. The knuckle was slid all the way in. So I loosened the bolt slid it out and voila!! Its fixed. Only problem now is I wont be able to run nearly as much camber. It kicked it into positive camber so its gotta have alot of camber now.

Also I need new balljoints. What does anyone recommend getting? Steeda X5's or X11's?

Back