ET Streets helped me get a new personal best

kpaulhus

Reaction score
Well I cut 6 tenths off my et. Ran a personal best of 13.1. Thanks to everyone who helped me out in choosing these tires. I will have videos in a little bit.
Honestly I seriously think I would have cracked into the 12's if the track temps were not in excess of 107 degrees.
NewImage.jpg

4969_667510107281_5034229_40951067_.jpg

Last edited:

kpaulhus

Reaction score
Thanks Matt. It is really amazing how well the hook. I cut 6 tenths off my ET with these alone.

ShadyZealot

forum member
Reaction score
I use to cut low 1.7s with bone stock suspension. Try to launch the car a little harder. Should get you into the 12s

Bkid

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new PB, I am running the MT ET`S as well. They hook good. Nice to see you are really heating them up.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
how are ya'll getting 60' down... i cant get better than 1.7x w/ et streets on 15" jegs 15x10.5x27 with Steeda lca, with relocaton brackets on bottom, steeda rear sway bar w/ end links, steeda race uca w/ pinion angle of -3*, w/ tokico dspecs set full -5 frint -3 rear.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
how are ya'll getting 60' down... i cant get better than 1.7x w/ et streets on 15" jegs 15x10.5x27 with Steeda lca, with relocaton brackets on bottom, steeda rear sway bar w/ end links, steeda race uca w/ pinion angle of -3*, w/ tokico dspecs set full -5 frint -3 rear.

really? thats crazy, I pulled a best of a 1.60 with stock shocks, sportline springs and upr lower control arms....

I run a 11.5" wide are you spinning at all? or does it grab hard but wont pull the 60 foot?

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's good to know, congrats! I'll be using my streets this weekend as well for the first time and I hope I can get better times! The 12's are next for you!

ShadyZealot

forum member
Reaction score
All in how you launch it. I didnt really dump the clutch. i found it bogged a bit. I slipped it keeping the RPMS up

kpaulhus

Reaction score
I went with the Streets over the Radials. If it had not been over 107 degrees I think I would have been in the 12's no problem. Ive got a few videos Ill load later. Smoked a Charger R/T and gave my little brother a 5 second head start in his Chevy Cavalier and still smoked him lol

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
really? thats crazy, I pulled a best of a 1.60 with stock shocks, sportline springs and upr lower control arms....

I run a 11.5" wide are you spinning at all? or does it grab hard but wont pull the 60 foot?

spin :tdown: not good wt transfer w/ damn springs and such... tried it all just about..

I'm beginning to think its not just b/c its Steeda lowering springs, but that its 3 yr old Steeda lowering springs. Looking for a set of v6 springs now; that'll be the next 'try'.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
spin :tdown: not good wt transfer w/ damn springs and such... tried it all just about..

I'm beginning to think its not just b/c its Steeda lowering springs, but that its 3 yr old Steeda lowering springs. Looking for a set of v6 springs now; that'll be the next 'try'.

You should go to a wider tire, how old are your et streets?

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

same reason i pulled a 2.1 60 last week chad track prep is garbage here im telling ya it's either pro tnt night on friday or nothing thats the only time i dead hooked

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You should go to a wider tire, how old are your et streets?

VERY new; 10ish runs, less than 20 for sure. And honestly, w/ my gear, I wish I'd gotten 28's and not 27's... hoping to find someone 'local' State Capital dragway/no problem raceway to HRP to 'trade'... for some 15x 10.5 or 11.5x 28 for 15x10.5x27's... just no bites yet...

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
VERY new; 10ish runs, less than 20 for sure. And honestly, w/ my gear, I wish I'd gotten 28's and not 27's... hoping to find someone 'local' State Capital dragway/no problem raceway to HRP to 'trade'... for some 15x 10.5 or 11.5x 28 for 15x10.5x27's... just no bites yet...

yea need to get those things swapped. The et streets I have are over 5 years old lol.. I bought em used for $100 for the pair so I couldn't go wrong. I need to buy a new set soon these things are almost done :tdown:

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
w/ tokico dspecs set full -5 frint -3 rear.

Before you try new springs (which BTW is probably alot of your problem) try setting your front d-specs all the way soft and the rear one turn firmer. See how that works.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Before you try new springs (which BTW is probably alot of your problem) try setting your front d-specs all the way soft and the rear one turn firmer. See how that works.

did that, and when still have problem though changing tire psi and adj shocks... thats when the spring deal really starts to shine.

Ordered some from Sutton; 'cobra jet' springs... Ill see how that goes.

Granted, the hot Louisiana oily tracks are bad; but THATs not my problem... I mean 1.8X's... that's just f'n horrible:tdown:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back