Evolution of JKLNHYD

PLee

forum member
Reaction score
Well, just sold the old gal and I never really posted that many pictures of her, so I figured now would be a good time!

License plate was "JKLNHYD", or Jeckyll and Hyde. The car's intent was to be a street car that I could also swap wheels/tires on and go hit the road course on the weekends.

Starting from the beginning, you can see my old F150 I traded in on the '05 Mustang.

001.jpg

Since I worked at CDC at the time, we had a load of pre-painted Foose Stallion parts on the shelf. First thing I did was throw on the Foose aluminum hood and rear spoiler, and dropped the car 1" using a FRPP handling pack.
002.jpg

The car needed some color, so I threw some fine-line stripes on it, and had my friends at Ice 9 Customs paint some matte gray and red on the hood and trunk.
003.jpg

While I was waiting for those parts to come back from paint, I put the rest of the Foose kit on my car- front/rear fascias and rockers. I added my own custom mesh grills, because the horizontal billet stuff that comes w/ the Foose parts just wasn't cutting it. I had a staggered set of 19" Forgestars on the car for a while, before American Muscle started whoring them out lol. Still a great looking wheel!
004.jpg

The super-bright chrome headlights stood out like a sore thumb, so I made my own. Dissected the old ones and inserted some OEM HID projectors w/ Chrysler 300 tri-bar trim pieces... painted gray of course. Added the splitter to keep my nose on the ground at high speeds. Power sunroof was a nice freebie from my friends at Webasto! Also painted some little details, like the side view mirrors and window trim, so it was all gloss black.
005.jpg

dale_mustang.jpg

ALWAYS loved the Vossen wheel... and when a deal came along for them, I couldn't pass them up. Staggered 20" set. Lowered the car w/ 1.5" FRPP springs, and added adjustable Koni Yellow's w/ CC plates, and much bigger brakes. All sorts of other bolt-on suspension parts including Steeda x5 joints, CHE goodies, etc. to help keep the car planted.
006.jpg

006a.jpg

006b.jpg

Last edited:

PLee

forum member
Reaction score
Stock engine:
007.jpg

DOB bown + Wire tuck, and a few other goodies. If you are EVER thinking about supercharging your 3V, this is by far the coolest and best option on the market. Jason & crew are EXCELLENT people to work with, and the kit speaks for itself. The manifold was within my budget (couldn't afford the full blown kits), and I got to customize it with a huge front heat exchanger and Meziere pump. W/ the FRPP hot rod cams, Pypes long-tubes, and relatively stock engine, it made back-to-back 465hp pulls on an 89-degree day!
007a.jpg

Stock interior w/ 18 shades of gray, chrome and silver.
008.jpg

The stock interior drove me crazy. WAY too many things going on. Satin silver on the steering wheel that didn't match the silver on the IUP dash (that had lines running through it). Chrome vent & gauge bezels. Not sure what they were thinking, but it certainly wasn't a very 'coherent' interior in my mind. I swapped the gray carpet for black factory carpet, installed some 2010 leather seat covers I had re-stitched w/ gray suede inserts, painted the stock IUP silver dash panels w/ a stippled gray to match the rest of the gray, and changed the chrome bezels over to GT500 satin bezels. Along the way I painted the center stack and console top piano black to match the exterior, and added my audio system headed-up by the McIntosh units, the cd player was actually a take-out from a Ford GT supercar. Old German-made MB Quart speakers in the doors, custom kick-panels, and a-pillars. Result was a much-cleaner, simpler interior.
009.jpg

010.jpg

010a.jpg

011.jpg

Since I switched gears and work for Watson Racing and planned on taking the car to the track, I had to have one of their 4-point bolt in roll bars and rear seat delete kits! The bar's gray color was an awesome combination for the interior, and was easy to install/remove without chopping up the trim panels.
011a.jpg

011b.jpg

013.jpg

Fikse race wheels & slicks, that I unfortunately never used!
012.jpg

Honored to have my car featured in the July 2014 issue of 5.0 Magazine, on stands now!
015.jpg

014.jpg

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Awesome! I just got my 5.0 mag in the mail a couple of days ago. I haven't even had a chance to read it yet. Looking forward to seeing the write up on this sweet ride!

Gotta ask, why did you sell this thing, especially after it being featured in a magazine?

PLee

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys :) I had planned on keeping it through this summer & putting it up for sale starting fall, but the right buyer came along, & away she went! Getting married, thinking about having kids, and a host of other life changes make the car a low priority now... But don't worry,
Got my sites on another project :)

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Patrick, I finally got around to reading the article in 5.0 last night. Great car, great story, great article. I'm sure you had a hard time parting with it. I know I would have!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Wow... just wow. One of the best looking rides I've seen inside and out. Also the ONLY 05-09 that I love with projector headlights.

Question, what's up with the sub enclosures on the doors? Are those 2010+ ones fitted to the 05-09 door?

PLee

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys, really appreciate it!! Galloping- yes, sorta. I put 8" MB Quart mid bass drivers in the door and needed some grills. I happened to have some 2010+ door panels in the garage, and robbed the plastic 'risers' & chrome trim from them. Somehow I got lucky enough that these risers fit OVER the 05-09 speaker pod & Quart 8"!! I added the cool mesh and figured out my quick mount, & voila.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
beautiful car, sucks to see it go. did you sell the race wheels/ tires with it?

flyfaster1

Reaction score
Well done sir, well done... very clean. Really like the engine bay. Great color changes/switches, Im a newer fan of the Vossen look too. Much respect on evaluating your priorities and congrats on your future plans.

Last edited:

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
I know this is 2 months old, but I just now saw this thread and this is literally my favorite car on the planet.

My mind has exploded from all the impeccable s197 greatness here. That is by far the sexiest 05-09 front end I've seen ever. OP what have you done since you sold this car?

PLee

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man- I appreciate the very kind words!!

I'm getting into family-starting mode, so I picked up a Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude. I still have my eye on a few Mustang projects that might make their way into my garage one of these days!!! :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Jeep_small.jpg
    Jeep_small.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 235

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
I was not a big fan of the Foose front end until I saw this car. You outdid Chip Foose IMO. Some guys are true artists when it comes to tastefully modifying Mustangs. This guy is one of them. Do you give lessons?

Back