EXCLUSIVE First Look-WHIPPLE 4.5L... Coming soon!!

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Here's an 8.3L Whipple on a GT500 motor. Whipple is way ahead of the game. Always has been and always will be.

ohh, I know whipple has toys we couldn't even imagine! And seeing as how I am a big supporter of 'too much is never enough,' I'm down for the sickness! Just wish I had enough $ to play at this level!!!

Back@itagain

forum member
Reaction score
Here's an 8.3L Whipple on a GT500 motor. Whipple is way ahead of the game. Always has been and always will be.

I know this is an old thread but I just bumped into it....one question. Then why did Whipple abandon the 3 valve? Rumor mill for a long time was a 2.9L compressor with adaptor plate was going to be released and then nothing. All we got is a 2.3L that gets over spun and turns into a furnace if you spin it any harder than the pulley supplied by Whipple.

More options from Whipple would be nice or are 3 valve owners just red headed step children? (guess that makes two but its more rhetorical)

blade

forum member
Reaction score
How is that 4.5 going to be like on 2013 gt500 ?
800 whp on pump gas I guess

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Didn't Kenne Bell already get 801rwhp on a current GT500 with supporting mods, exhaust, n pump gas? If so....might be higher. Either way the block will blow before this thing even get warmed up I'm thinking

blade

forum member
Reaction score
Didn't Kenne Bell already get 801rwhp on a current GT500 with supporting mods, exhaust, n pump gas? If so....might be higher. Either way the block will blow before this thing even get warmed up I'm thinking
I do not think so the 2013 gt500 block is much stronger (both rods and pistons) than the current gt500

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I just bumped into it....one question. Then why did Whipple abandon the 3 valve? Rumor mill for a long time was a 2.9L compressor with adaptor plate was going to be released and then nothing. All we got is a 2.3L that gets over spun and turns into a furnace if you spin it any harder than the pulley supplied by Whipple.

More options from Whipple would be nice or are 3 valve owners just red headed step children? (guess that makes two but its more rhetorical)

Give it some time, the 03-04 Cobra guys finally got the 2.9 a couple years after it's availability for the GT500's was announced

strong_j

TX^SWAG
Reaction score
I'm beginning to give up on my 3v. It seems like no one is wanting to make anything for us anymore. If whipple would just make a damn bigger blower for the 3v many of us would buy it. I know I'll be first in line. This small 2.3 is getting on my nerves. Give me a blower that my cams deserve!! Should of went turbo.

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
I do not think so the 2013 gt500 block is much stronger (both rods and pistons) than the current gt500

I refer you to an article that originally appeared in 5.0 magazine where they made 810rwhp on a stock '07 GT500 with a Kenne Bell stage 3 kit.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/te...rd_mustang_gt_500_supercharger_kit/index.html

The 2013 block is the same as the '11-12, but with increased cooling and a larger bore. I haven't finished reading the current magazines in-depth article on the new 5.8L, but my understanding was that the pistons were the same quality. The rods are a stronger material, but they're still sinter forged, so they're not that much stronger...

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
:thanks1:
I'm beginning to give up on my 3v. It seems like no one is wanting to make anything for us anymore. If whipple would just make a damn bigger blower for the 3v many of us would buy it. I know I'll be first in line. This small 2.3 is getting on my nerves. Give me a blower that my cams deserve!! Should of went turbo.

Cant say I know exactly how you feel, but I have similar feelings. After the 5.0 came out, that's what everyone jumped on. Seems like they stopping making GT500 parts too. And with the new 5.8, and then new body coming in '14 it'll get worse for both of us.

Cobra SS

forum member
Reaction score

Procharger

Back@itagain

forum member
Reaction score
Give it some time, the 03-04 Cobra guys finally got the 2.9 a couple years after it's availability for the GT500's was announced

I have emails from Whipple that are probably close to two years old now telling me the same thing...look how that has turned out!

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Lethal Performance 2013 GT500 with a 4.5L Whipple Crusher... COMING SOON!!!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
ahh so close!, I'm really looking for a 4.6l blower to put on my 4.6l engine...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back