Exhaust help

dustland

Reaction score
So i got a 2011 v6 automatic mustang and decided to switch out the exhaust, got a good deal on some flowmaster exhausts for the v8. Got the ends switched out to bolt onto my pipes but is too loud for my taste. I have tried finding videos or opinions on just modifing v8 mufflers to fit but have come up blank, has anyone done this? and how does it sound? I did this to my 06 v6 and it sounded good but did not want to try doing it on the 11 without knowing if it sounds as good.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fresh-Meat.jpg

dustland

Reaction score
Not fresh meat, i have been a member here for a while. I have just decided to post this question cause i have been unable to find the answer through the usual methods. I did own a 06 mustang but have recently totalled it. I understand the 11 is different and wanted some advice from owners that might have done the same, google offers no results, the 06 was easy, purchase pipes and mufflers from a gt bolt it right up and good to go.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
posting just to watch... I hope you get your answer dustland.

dustland

Reaction score
Have checked the links posted saw all other mufflers just not the gts, but i think that is what i am going to use. Do not really want louder just better tone and look, i hate the cap over the pipe with the v6 mufflers.

Windveil Blue

forum member
Reaction score
The '13 stock pipes dont have the beauty ring tips and are just like the GT with the slash cut single wall SS tip. If it is just the tip you might want to try that but it wont make it louder.

I have the Flowmaster Force II series and I dig'em. Not too loud. Has a deeper tone than stock etc. Really only gets aggressive when you are above 3k.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back