exhaust sticks out of bumper

andrewrj

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I installed the arh headers and the passenger side muffler is pushed all the way out meaning the hangers are slotted out. This makes the tip stick past the bumper about an inch and a half. So I took it back off and measured the collectors to make sure they were the same length, which they were. Then I measured the ammount of pipe that was flared and marked the collector too make sure they slid all the way on, which they did. Did the same thing to the axle backs and they too slid on all the way. Then the over axle pipes were checked to make sure they were butted together and sure enough when I was done, nothing changed. Drivers side is perfect, passenger is way off. I had this same exact problem with the obx headers on but with the stock mid pipe there was no problem at all. Anyone else ever have a similar problem?

CataclysmGT

forum member
Reaction score
I have ARH headers, and while my Stingers are sticking out a bit more than before, I think its the way they were installed at the shop. Might be 1/2" more then before the headers.

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have ARH headers, and while my Stingers are sticking out a bit more than before, I think its the way they were installed at the shop. Might be 1/2" more then before the headers.

I have ARH headers and my tips were sticking too far out too. I just cut an 1" off the mid pipes.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
+1; cut a short section out of the mid-pipe where they butt up to each other; that'll let you move the muffler back underneath.

andrewrj

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok. was planning on doing that just wanted to make sure it wasnt just me having the problem

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back