External wastegate lines

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
I am making sure I am hooking up the vacuum lines correct. Seeing I am running a manual boost controller I do not use the top port of the wastegate? Also then for my BOV I am using the vacuum block for my vacuum source which is fed from the bottom port on my intake manifold that I tapped as seen in the picture that I circled. I then also run my boost guage off the vacuum block as well.

5484.jpeg

mmfp_0906_01_z+2004_mustang_gt_two_valve_intake_upgrade+front_view.jpg

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Correct. That's the most basic way to use a manual controller as well, it will allow you to adjust from spring pressure up to double spring pressure or so.

46addict

Reaction score
What happens if the blue line on the diagram is not hooked up? Will the gate operate only off of spring pressure? Or will it not open at all?

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I believe the valve protrudes into the pipe it's flanged into as it opens, so exhaust gasses would actually push it towards the closed position. So you'd end up with alot of boost I believe.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What happens if the blue line on the diagram is not hooked up? Will the gate operate only off of spring pressure? Or will it not open at all?

If you did not hook up the blue line, there would be no signal to the wastegate at all so it would not open.

A manual boost controller is kind of a controlled leak, that is how it can keep the gate closed and allow more boost pressure than the spring itself as the wastegate will see less pressure due to the "leak".

An electronic boost controller uses a solenoid to pressurize the top port (red on the above diagram) on the wastegate to hold the gate closed.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back