failed emissions in IL

Teege24

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of Mr. Norms? and how i would go about getting a tune from them?

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Ive just heard about Mr. Norms. Guy looking to buy some parts from me said he takes his car there for tuning. He is on chicagolandmustang

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, some states (like Maryland) do an OBD-II test and use a mirror to make sure your car actually has catalytic converters. I believe there is a fine associated with operating a vehicle without cats if it had them from the factory. That's why I'm keeping the catalytic converters. The small performance gain is not worth the legal hassle and the increased emissions.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
I have heard of Norm's garage. He does awesome work.

He is located in the Dekalb Area If I recall.

All you need is your tuner, the USB Cable, and he can email you a new tune. You can even go to BBR and they should be able to help you. Their email tunes cost about 75 bucks I believe.

To be safe, if you really want peace of mind, get a Catted X or H Pipe with High Flows.

N/A cars won't see a big increase in gains. F/I cars will. It's more for the sound, however, there is a decent gain nonetheless.

Teege24

forum member
Reaction score
I have heard of Norm's garage. He does awesome work.

He is located in the Dekalb Area If I recall.

All you need is your tuner, the USB Cable, and he can email you a new tune. You can even go to BBR and they should be able to help you. Their email tunes cost about 75 bucks I believe.

To be safe, if you really want peace of mind, get a Catted X or H Pipe with High Flows.

N/A cars won't see a big increase in gains. F/I cars will. It's more for the sound, however, there is a decent gain nonetheless.
i wish i could just throw a catted system on my car but they dont make one designed to fit LT MAC headers

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
i wish i could just throw a catted system on my car but they dont make one designed to fit LT MAC headers

For some reason, I thought they did. Have you checked out Bassani, Magnaflow, SLP, etc?

Pretty sure JBA does. My buddy has LT headers, with a Catted X Pipe from JBA.

Check there.

1SickRedfire

forum member
Reaction score
Take a spin through theyre shop, they do plenty of mustangs. Tim used to run Modular Powerhouse before being at Mr Norm's.

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
Take a spin through theyre shop, they do plenty of mustangs. Tim used to run Modular Powerhouse before being at Mr Norm's.

cool, good to know. I'll keep them in mind for possible future work.

Teege24

forum member
Reaction score
Submitted my info to Tim at Mr Norms Garage..awaiting my tune hopefully i get it soon and letcha all kno how it works!

Bob_Kurgan

forum member
Reaction score
sorry i couldnt help, but with the EPA busting down, im not interested in getting involved.

Back