Feels like misfire after i downshifted.

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
Coming off of the road that leads to my house and shifted into second going around 25 miles an hour and it felt like the motor has a huge misfire. Pulled over to the side of the road and cut the motor and fired it back up.

Seems like everything is running fine now. Is this sign of an outgoing clutch? felt almost like the transmission would not down shift when i put it into second gear. No CEL came on during the whole process.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can u be more descriptive ?

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
No wrench light came on. Just made a turn and down shifted from third to second. Went to give it gas and the car would barely move and the motor started to miss. Down shifted to first to try and see if it would clear up and it would not. Every time I gave it gas it just fell flat on its ass. I pulled over to the side of the road and cut the motor off for about a minute. Cranked it back over and all the symptoms of the misfire disappeared.

I am going to change the plugs today (42k on car) and volt test the battery and alternator. I have had the interior lights flicker on occasion. Any other ideas would definately help.

007GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
It could also be a coil going out. My GT did that it was a coil going in and out

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
no not on the decel from 3rd to 2nd. I was already at the optimal shift rpm. It felt almost like I was lugging the car in too high of a gear.

Back