Fender Flared 05-09

DRock

Reaction score
That blue s550 is a friend of mine! He also did ConraDrifters red s550. He runs a shop about an hour from me in San Diego.

DRock

Reaction score
Some cutting updates. I doubt there will be cutting outlines for you. It will all depend on how much you want/need to cut. Bagged cars will/should cut more than a static car.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Oh wow that is a lot of poke in that wheel! Going to need some massive amounts of HP to spin those big ass tires that you can fit in there!

its not all about going straight

The thing that bugs me about it is that it looks cockeyed in that picture.

DRock

Reaction score
I cut about 2inches off both front and rear fender. The tears are a bit tougher since it's 2piece. The front I cut to just above the flat piece

DRock

Reaction score
For the record. Cutting your front fenders is cake. The tears can be a pain in the ass to cut through both pieces.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Not complaining just stating, wished the flares would gradually fade into the bumper more...just my humble opinion.

BLAKE

forum member
Reaction score
Not complaining just stating, wished the flares would gradually fade into the bumper more...just my humble opinion.

This. I'm sure it's tough to deal with the details of the bumper sides, turn signal and all that, not to mention accommodate different style front bumpers, so this is probably the best solution if it's not just a one-off. Still, that's a lot of tire sticking out on either side of the bumper from the front.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Only a suggestion... That front flare would look much better if it continued down like a rock bunny flare and it continued onto the front bumper. Which might be what o2sys means. the way it is right now looks very awkward... you put more work into making it not flow than it would have been to just flow. LOL

That was just my opinion but my opinion is right

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
The work thus far looks great. For my tastes, I'd prefer to have the flares run down to the bottom of the front and rear bumper skirts and down to the rocker panels. As others noted, there isn't much room for the blend in these areas, making it harder to implement.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Question. Are these flares following the stock radius or were they built around the 20s?

DRock

Reaction score
The wheels in that first picture were turned at the time. It's really difficult to do with so many different bumper options. We are having that problem with the 10-14s now. I want to continue it down and May and offer it as a different piece. And the only reason you notice it is because it's white. They were built to flow with both the bumper line and the bumper line where it meats the fender.

The rear is about as spot on as it gets for blending.

Back