Few questions about my throttlebody

Goody05

forum member
Reaction score
My car has been running like shit with a throttlebody issue that I've had and can't figure out. The car is an 05 GT with a Dob manifold running a GT500 supercharger. I'm getting codes of p2100, p2104 and p2107. I have replaced my TPS and my throttlebody motor with a old throttlebody off my gt intake. The problem is the same after replacing them now I think I might just go pick up a new throttlebody. I need to hook my computer up and do some datalogging and email it to lito. Problem with that is I can't find his damn email on my computer now. And other problem is my SCT will not clear the codes they just keep coming back up immediately it says they are clear but they are not. If anyone could help me out about this situation that would be killer thanks

Bill

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lito is aware of the TB that is on the car?

have you checked the wiring to the TPS?

Goody05

forum member
Reaction score
No I can't find Lito's email. Wiring to the TPS looks good but I would like to know how to check it and see if it is good.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
You have to check with a volt meter how much volts it's putting out with the engine on, and key in the start position. A quick search should give you the correct value it should be putting out.

Also, just send Lito a PM from here. He'll give you his email.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you can check the signal using a volt meter

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Are you using a GT throttle body or a GT500 throttle body? I have an extra GT500 throttle body here that I know has a good TPS.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the SCT clears them, not deletes them, if the conditions still exist the PCM will throw the codes again.

Goody05

forum member
Reaction score
Gotcha I always thought it would hesitate for a minute before the little wrench would come back on
thank you

Goody05

forum member
Reaction score
How many volts should my TPS be getting?

I must be screwing something up on my meter but I am getting 3v

Last edited:

Goody05

forum member
Reaction score
So 1.33 isn't too bad what else could be causing me to throw all these codes?

jaja6009

forum member
Reaction score
So 1.33 isn't too bad what else could be causing me to throw all these codes?

My car threw all kinds of codes. I had some of the same ones you had. My battery was bad. I went crazy checking all sorts of other things. But in the end my 3 year old battery was toast.

This happened after I let the car sit all winter, then installed a bunch of parts (heat exchanger with fans, bigger intercooler pump), then ran the new parts with the car off making sure the wiring was good. I guess the strain of everything killed my battery.

Back