Finally got to do a FULL detail on that Porsche GT3..video included

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I know, again, its not a Mustang, but it is a beautiful car and one of the most fun cars I've detailed to date. The reward at the end was seeing the owner's jaw drop and rush paying me so he could go out and drive!

The steps for you weekend warriors:

1. Washed the car with Chemical Guys Mr. Pink using a foam cannon and pressure washer.

2. Clayed the hood, upper fenders, rear decklid and spoiler, and the roof.

3. Taped off entire car.

4. First pass was a product called HD Adapt from 3D Products. It is a mild compound with diminishing qualities. It is on par with Wolfgang's Uber Compound and PoorBoys SSR series in my opinion. I used this to remove all the deeper swirls and with an orange pad, it really didn't need much else. I only used this product from about 1/2 way up the sides of the car. I don't compound the lower parts because A) you don't see them and B) most the swirls down there will dissappear during the polishing steps. Polisher speed on my Porter Cable 7424x was at 5 to start and on the last couple passes I would power down to a 4.

5. After the HD Adapt, I went over the car using a light green cut/polish pad (very light cut) and Wolfgang's 3.0 Swirl Remover. I think that this step could have been skipped, but I'm a perfectionist, so I chose not to. This product was used over the ENTIRE car, of course doing the lower halves after the top of the car. I use this product at a 4.5 setting on the Porter Cable 7424

6. Using a blue polishing pad, I applied another 3D HD product call HD Speed. it is a very light finishing polish with a built in wax. The wax protective qualities suck so don't get too confident in leaving it as a final step. This product is phenomenal. I love it. It is a great way to polish out those last pesky swirls after a swirl remover, and at the same time, remove any hard to buff residue from prior products. I use this product at a 4 on my Porter Cable 7424.

7. Once that was finished, I went over the entire car with compressed air to blow off any left over dust. Once completely clean, I applied Wolfgang's Paintwork Enhancer using a clean microfiber pad.

8. My last step for the paint was Wolfgangs 3.0 Deep Gloss Sealant. This car warranted Souveran Wax or Fuzion, but I decided on the Deep Gloss simply because I think it makes red look amazing and deep. For a sealant, it truly has AMAZING wetness. I was just admiring my Mustang tonight under some LED parking lot lights. 2 weeks since a wash and the car still looks AMAZING after the Wolfgang I put on 2 weeks ago. Great product!

Well, Enjoy! Any questions, feel free to ask!

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Looks real good! How long did the process take from start to finish? I look forward to ordering and trying the HD line of products.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Looks real good! How long did the process take from start to finish? I look forward to ordering and trying the HD line of products.

The process took about 6 hours or so. I had to go over a couple of spots because I didn't go aggressive enough to start and there were some deeper swirls left behind. When dealing with an owner of a high end car like this, you don't leave spots behind. It had to be perfect.

I haven't tried very many of their products, but the HD Adapt and HD Speed are great man!

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Nice, I am going to order some HD stuff today.
Sorry, I asked the question before the video was done and missed the big as "After 6 hours of detailing" lol.
I need to find a way to speed up my process.
Again, nice work!

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Great job Lupo! That is one amazing car and I can't believe the difference in the before and after shots.

Also, thanks for posting your process and products used. Takes out all the guesswork :thumb2: One of these days when it warms up, I am going to give my car a similar full detail.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Nice, I am going to order some HD stuff today.
Sorry, I asked the question before the video was done and missed the big as "After 6 hours of detailing" lol.
I need to find a way to speed up my process.
Again, nice work!

Don't skip steps. "speeding up the process" isn't something you want to do when doing a proper job though...

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
Do they have their products available through any retailers? Or is it direct?

Back