Finialy got around to Dynoing my car

svtadam27

forum member
Reaction score
Needless to say I'm happy with the numbers and am impressed with the drivability these BBR stage 1 cams have. Additional mods in my sig
Dyno was sae
timing was set at 28 degrees and a/f was 12.5 across the board.

The red was and old dyno with intake, mufflers, 4:10's and tune.

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 197

Powered by Ford

forum member
Reaction score
Numbers look good. Are these numbers SAE corrected? Also what dyno was this run on?

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting. I am down about 45hp from you with the same mods and cams, minus the longtubes and ds. I have an auto though.

What did they like cam-angle wise? Any track times?

svtadam27

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting. I am down about 45hp from you with the same mods and cams, minus the longtubes and ds. I have an auto though.

What did they like cam-angle wise? Any track times?

D/s and long tubes will help out. Do you have a big stall? Also when they dyno'd your car did they lock the converter? (it makes a huge difference when the converter is locked especially with a stalled car)

max cam angle was set to 12 from 5750 and up and that's where it made the most power.
As for track times, I don't have a good set of tires yet but with the 235's (non Dr's) I went 8.38@ 85.3 with at 2.00 60ft the Da was 2300 that night.

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
D/s and long tubes will help out. Do you have a big stall? Also when they dyno'd your car did they lock the converter? (it makes a huge difference when the converter is locked especially with a stalled car)

max cam angle was set to 12 from 5750 and up and that's where it made the most power.
As for track times, I don't have a good set of tires yet but with the 235's (non Dr's) I went 8.38@ 85.3 with at 2.00 60ft the Da was 2300 that night.

PI triple disc, locked on the dyno, and under full throttle in third/fourth gear on the street tune. The cam angle in my tune is similar then, but tapers to 15 degrees.

Powered by Ford

forum member
Reaction score
Yes it is, I'm very pleased with the way the car run. Thanks again!

Very nice! The power and torque curve look good I'd be proud if did that! How low have you been tuning? I myself have always wanted to learn more about how to tune, but with the wealth of excellent tuners in my area I never have.

You're welcome.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That graph kind of shows what I feel when driving my car with the Stage 1 cams.

I noticed that the power/torque doesn't really kick in until ~2750+. I lost A LOT of low end torque with these cams. That will be remedied soon with the 4.10's, though.

Awesome numbers!

svtadam27

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice! The power and torque curve look good I'd be proud if did that! How low have you been tuning? I myself have always wanted to learn more about how to tune, but with the wealth of excellent tuners in my area I never have.

You're welcome.

I've been tinkering around with it for about 1 1/2 years now. I've been around the car scene for quite some time and decided that I wanted to learn. I did lots of research and asked credible tuners questions. A mechanical background certainly helped out understanding tables. It takes time and patience, there were a few times I was stumped and had to phone a friend.

svtadam27

forum member
Reaction score
PI triple disc, locked on the dyno, and under full throttle in third/fourth gear on the street tune. The cam angle in my tune is similar then, but tapers to 15 degrees.

One of my close friends has a auto car with ported heads, 127500's, arh lt.'s, jlt, 4:10's, steeda udp's, pi 3600 triple disk and made 350. Before the heads and cams it made 298. Car was tuned by a very credible tuner in the area.

What was your af and timing? What hp and tq did your car make?

svtadam27

forum member
Reaction score
That graph kind of shows what I feel when driving my car with the Stage 1 cams.

I noticed that the power/torque doesn't really kick in until ~2750+. I lost A LOT of low end torque with these cams. That will be remedied soon with the 4.10's, though.

Awesome numbers!

Thanks dude, you're really gonna enjoy the 4.10's it Deffinetly makes the car come alive!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back