First look...Pypes Stepped LT's!!!!

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Well after a long wait they have finally become available and we have one of the first sets here along with the catted Pypes X pipe.

These are stepped headers and are a very longtube design. Nice thick flanges with high quality gaskets and hardware. As far as I know these are the only stepped header LT on the market for this application and a stepped header should allow for a slightly different powerband.

1 3/4 to 1 7/8 with a nice collector.

We will be following up this post with installation information along with before/after results from just the LT and X pipe installation.

For now enjoy the pictures, results forthcoming.

thanks,

JJ

Last edited:

Kingcrabb

forum member
Reaction score
What other mods will be on the test car?
Also having a few inches of 1 3/4 then stepping up in size will really change flow and power??

Interesting.

What was the price tag?

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
What other mods will be on the test car?
Also having a few inches of 1 3/4 then stepping up in size will really change flow and power??

Interesting.

What was the price tag?

The test car has a drop in K&N filter, our tune and a Magnaflow exhaust system with stock midpipes/cats. I do expect the power to be a tad different from other LT setups out there but by how much has yet to be seen. I will report back and will do so in an unbiased way. I am not here to sell these headers and wont do so until I am certain that they fit well and perform. We dont just sell parts to sell parts, we install and sell what we race on our own vehicles.:clap:

Pricing can be found on Pypes website, however this thread was not meant as an advertisement, it was meant to share information on these headers and discuss the technical aspects of them.

Thanks,

JJ

KonaGT

forum member
Reaction score
When you say you expect power to be different, do you mean a little less or a little more?

How long do you think it will be before you are able to test them?

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
When you say you expect power to be different, do you mean a little less or a little more?

How long do you think it will be before you are able to test them?

I think the power band will be a bit different, not sure about max numbers as all the headers we tested so far have pretty much the same gains so we will see.

I expect we should see the before/after result thread sometime next week. Just waiting on the customer to get the car here. :clap:

JJ

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Those do look trick, nice!
Those also have to be the smallest cats on the planet lol

quick3v

forum member
Reaction score
Couple inches of 1 3/4 should give a little more velocity and see closer to shorty header low end torque with long tube high end HP. Sounds good to me!

zachcrosen

forum member
Reaction score
Subscribing for more info after dynoes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

spike648

forum member
Reaction score
Well after a long wait they have finally become available and we have one of the first sets here along with the catted Pypes X pipe.

These are stepped headers and are a very longtube design. Nice thick flanges with high quality gaskets and hardware. As far as I know these are the only stepped header LT on the market for this application and a stepped header should allow for a slightly different powerband.

1 3/4 to 1 7/8 with a nice collector.

We will be following up this post with installation information along with before/after results from just the LT and X pipe installation.

For now enjoy the pictures, results forthcoming.

thanks,
J

Are those "high flow" cats on the X pipe?
Any more info on that item?
Thanks!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back