First shoot with my rig!

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I want to build one so badly.
How much did you spend if you dont mind me asking?

All the components added up will end up around $350 brand new if you shop around the online photography retailers. If you get a professional boom (and not a painter's pole like me), it will cost a lot more. All the 12-15' booms I've seen are $300-$500 so you'd more than double the cost.

I'm trying to find someone to machine and thread some aluminum piping sections for me but no luck so far. The painter's pole flexes too much and isn't long enough (these were shot with at 10mm with a cropframe camera, so it's closer to 16mm on a fullframe equivalent).

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wanna see some go pro footage shot like this...

Care to try it?

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score

Care to try it?

The problem with that is I don't know how to edit video that well (no where near well enough to edit out a boom). There are videos out there shot with SLR's on a rig that are just stunning.

Another thing is you'd have to use some stabilizer on the rig, maybe two of them, for all the vibrations off the boom. Speaking of boom, I found a company that makes a boom specifically for the GoPro but it's only 3ft long (http://www.gopole.com/)

neema

forum member
Reaction score
how was wobbling with your boom? i've used up to a 16 ft pole, but controlling the movement in it is the challenge. every 1 in 20 shots turns out pretty cool though and makes it all worthwhile.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Pretty bad. I'm looking into getting a proper boom made but they are pricey!

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
Billy, I'll try and find that other painters pole I was talking about thats more solid.

The car in the first shot is sick... :beerdrink:

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
thats just wrong!

Its funny how you can see how much of a drop those V3's gave you in comparison to a stock ride height car.

I'm jelly

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
thats just wrong!

Its funny how you can see how much of a drop those V3's gave you in comparison to a stock ride height car.

I'm jelly

On that note, remind me to trim the bumpstops on Sunday. :hi:

Since you have a garage and don't have to drive in the winter, you could get the ST coilovers! They are under $1000!

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Also these pictures were shot with an ultra wide lens. Which I think is helpful if not necessary. Unless you find a really long boom that won't wobble.

To avoid having to use an ultra wide lens you could try attaching the rig to another car and shooting the shots that way. It would definitely take some guessing to get the car perfectly in frame though.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
To avoid having to use an ultra wide lens you could try attaching the rig to another car and shooting the shots that way. It would definitely take some guessing to get the car perfectly in frame though.

It would be way too hard to make both vehicles go at the exact same speed though.

dougie b

Reaction score

Care to try it?

planning on it for some art promos man! Sweet rig you have setup there, I've been taking it easy on the photos recently, but I have been itching to get my boom rig setup and taking video of the car..... some day soon hopefully:thumb:

great pics btw

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back