First time racing with the Kenne bell today, new PB.

Airborne2000

forum member
Reaction score
Before I had the SC on, i ran 12.82 @ 106, 1.81 60'

today i ran the first time with the supercharger today: 11.66 @ 117, 1.71 60'

the first pass was the fastest of the day. i didnt think i ran that fast, i was suprized when i got my slip.

I didnt have any wheel hop on my first pass, but a little spin on shifts so i took a little bit of air out, went from 21 psi (MT DRs) to 16-17 psi and started getting wheel hop at launch and shift from 1-2, 2-3.

I am suprized of the wheel hop, i have never had it before, i have LCA and UCA, i think i need shocks my squeak a lot nowadays, i have been looking at QA1s.

anyways good day, my friend with a 2010 gt500 with a TVS on it only got a 11.51 so i know im close to him at less then half the price he paid for his car.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nice work and congrats

Airborne2000

forum member
Reaction score
thanks guys. i think shocks are first. and put a bit more air back in the tires.

Airborne2000

forum member
Reaction score
thanks guys...and gal. I have a lot of work done to the car, i just dont feel like putting it all in the sig.

i just love the fact my friends 2010 GT500 he paid over 50K for + about another 10K into it and my car is about $22k total but i ran one tenth of of second slower then him. me and him are always in competition.

Last edited:

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
What was your buddies trap speed in the Gt500? Probably a little higher then your's I'm guessing.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
NICE! And congrats getting the KB installed and getting it out to the track!

adjustable shocks will help you get better times. Fun times!!!

What pulley are you using, how much boost are you running?

Airborne2000

forum member
Reaction score
im running 9 psi, its a 3.50 or 3.75" pulley cant remember off the top of my head on a 2.4l KB. not the 2.6l. its tuned with mild timing because i drive it often on the streets. i wanted to have a nice street car thats easy to drive to work and stuff.

also, thanks for the few odd parts i needed :)

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
That is awesome dude. Congrats on a successful install. Taking over a second off your times........amazing. I too wish I could cut a 60ft like that too.

Does your track require a rollcage at 11.50? Mine does, wont let you run if you hit it. I have no desire to have a rollcage in my DD. LOL

Airborne2000

forum member
Reaction score
i dont think they really care. the inspection is pretty easy, they just kinda make sure everything is sound on the car. a friend of mine ran a 9.5 in his twin turbo and they kicked him off, but thats the only i know of. me and my friends only Test and tune, if we are involved in any kind of event i think they would check everything.

Hysteria

0 .· ` ' / ·. 30 psi
Reaction score
I don't know how I missed this post! Congrats man thats awesome!

Any pics of it on your car? I miss the looks of that blower on my car with the custom polished intake!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back