First track outing w CPR single turbo kit

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Quite a day for learning tell you what. Chased my tale for most of the day before figuring a few things out. None of the stars lined up for that 6 sec 1/8 mile pass. Wasn't trying to set the world on fire, just wanted mph passes honestly. Gro pro dies before I got some good dash shots. But when I looked we were 8-9psi. Did see some decent 60's, one as low as 1.67. Fastest ET was a whopping 7.2 with a 1.8 60. Saw "up to" 102mph and a few 101's. Was hoping for 105+ but keep reading. Saw some cam stuff I really didn't like but Shaun from AED has shared some Kung Fu and holding my hand w a few things. Can't say enough good things there. Between him and Eddie I'd be beating my head even worse than now lol. Damn thing feels like it's only full throttle for half the pass......faster I shifted, the slower it went.
Have some funny shit going on with cam timing not doing what's commanded. Also chased my tail a good bit with the damn WOT box causing a slew of it's own problems. Next outing we should have this fixed, then comes the 6 sec barrier. Easy 10 sec pump car here we come. :rockon:

Here's a decent vid of me shifting like I trained by JPC LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP_z8x3ltm0&feature=youtu.be

It's late hell and too tired to figure it out again. Dave's gonna cut me.

Last edited by a moderator:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Is this the "kit" that has been hyped up across all the forums? First thing rip that WOT box off the car. Second, sounds like you have some real tuning issues and it may serve best to contact those who have tuned the quickest/fastest 5.0's on the planet.

I suppose I expected much more based on the hype that was generated around this:
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74116

How does this car compare to the car mentioned in the linked thread regarding the kit?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Weird just says playback error. Maybe it's my iPad that is the problem.

Bigmack2012Gb

Roll Racer
Reaction score
Is this the "kit" that has been hyped up across all the forums? First thing rip that WOT box off the car. Second, sounds like you have some real tuning issues and it may serve best to contact those who have tuned the quickest/fastest 5.0's on the planet.

I suppose I expected much more based on the hype that was generated around this:

How does this car compare to the car mentioned in the linked thread regarding the kit?

Its the first time its been on the track to work the bugs out. Give him a break. Now the next time it goes out and runs like shit then you can say that.

I hope to see this kit prove everyone wrong about the single turbo kit. What was the power this car ended up putting down? Did you have any of the same problems that the single turbo hellion kit was having?

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
It's not the WOT boxes fault. It only exacerbates the problem. Driveline shock is pulling timing. So is the two step. I flat shift without the box, same thing. Second, why would I do think I would do that? That's the circle that said it was stupid to put a single on a coyote. And the white one in the thread below wouldn't make our target power. That it was impossible with a single. It's the highest HP street car that I know of at the moment. 1182rwhp thru an auto is what, about 1450 flywheel?

And you expected mid 6's the first time out? For a group of guys who constantly tweak, track and tune their cars I thought you would have known better than that.
Again 1182rwhp thru an auto is some pretty good hype. 150rwhp or so over the closest coyote w an auto. And 1300rwhp is coming.
Shannons car compared to this is a stock engine w a Boss intake on 91 octane.
Control arms, driveshaft, stock clutch and 3.31 gears.

I hope to see this kit prove everyone wrong about the single turbo kit. What was the power this car ended up putting down? Did you have any of the same problems that the single turbo hellion kit was having?
None. Makes power over 6500. More torque down low, carries it farther, and makes 80-120rwhp more at the same boost level depending on the tuner.
This is what is made on pump so far. Expecting over 800rwhp with MS109 and 10 psi. Between the DA at the track and dicked up cam timing I'd be surpised if it made 600rwhp. Advanced intake cams REALLY kill power up top.
shannonpulls.png

Never seen anyone sit on the box that hard......giver

Not that hard till the light came down ;)

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
It's not the WOT boxes fault. It only exacerbates the problem. Driveline shock is pulling timing. So is the two step. I flat shift without the box, same thing. Second, why would I do think I would do that? That's the circle that said it was stupid to put a single on a coyote. And the white one in the thread below wouldn't make our target power. That it was impossible with a single. It's the highest HP street car that I know of at the moment. 1182rwhp thru an auto is what, about 1450 flywheel?

I have personally witnessed the WOT box cause issues such as false limiters, etc. Removed it and the car reacts as it is commanded to hence my recommendation to take it off. Based on some of the issues described I would remove it until the tune on the car is spot on. Add it back afterwards if desired. KISS.

And you expected mid 6's the first time out? For a group of guys who constantly tweak, track and tune their cars I thought you would have known better than that.
Again 1182rwhp thru an auto is some pretty good hype. 150rwhp or so over the closest coyote w an auto. And 1300rwhp is coming.
Shannons car compared to this is a stock engine w a Boss intake on 91 octane.
Control arms, driveshaft, stock clutch and 3.31 gears.

I expect a car that makes +700WHP to run sub 7sec. 1/8 mile times with some traction yes. I understand there will be some stuff to work out and I personally don't care about dyno numbers. Track numbers are the only thing that counts in my book. Maybe my expectations are off.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
I have personally witnessed the WOT box cause issues such as false limiters, etc. Removed it and the car reacts as it is commanded to hence my recommendation to take it off. Based on some of the issues described I would remove it until the tune on the car is spot on. Add it back afterwards if desired. KISS.
I've seen people mention that, but haven't seen anything like that here. Just found out today, but guessing that's why the CJ's have the knock sensors turned off. I remember when the first CJ's came out the company doing the suspenion testing said the car would shut down/off on launch from the violent drive train shock. He was pretty proud of that lol. Got anything other than false limters? I know the drivetrain shock is causing what I see w the timing.

I expect a car that makes +700WHP to run sub 7sec. 1/8 mile times with some traction yes. I understand there will be some stuff to work out and I personally don't care about dyno numbers. Track numbers are the only thing that counts in my book. Maybe my expectations are off.
You're expectations aren't off. But you assume too much. Already said we weren't there to set the world on fire, and the boost we were running. Grandma shifting 7.2's, don't worry it'll run 6's. I know the two step is false. I'll easily confirm the false knock on shifts soon. Hopefully it'll meet your expectations soon. :stooges:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen people mention that, but haven't seen anything like that here. Just found out today, but guessing that's why the CJ's have the knock sensors turned off. I remember when the first CJ's came out the company doing the suspenion testing said the car would shut down/off on launch from the violent drive train shock. He was pretty proud of that lol. Got anything other than false limters? I know the drivetrain shock is causing what I see w the timing.

You're expectations aren't off. But you assume too much. Already said we weren't there to set the world on fire, and the boost we were running. Grandma shifting 7.2's, don't worry it'll run 6's. I know the two step is false. I'll easily confirm the false knock on shifts soon. Hopefully it'll meet your expectations soon. :stooges:

Look forward to it. I don't think I am assuming too much based on what we have to take at face value based on a forum post. Also, replace those DR's with some bias ply tires. :clap:

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
You're preaching to the choir. I requested bias ply also. I brought it up when the rims showed.
Me
"We wanted slicks right? For the axles sake?"
Shannon
"Ahhhhhh fuck." LOL
Working on the kung fu for the new tune right now.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
You're preaching to the choir. I requested bias ply also. I brought it up when the rims showed.
Me
"We wanted slicks right? For the axles sake?"
Shannon
"Ahhhhhh fuck." LOL
Working on the kung fu for the new tune right now.

Good luck! Will stay tuned for updated times. :)

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score

Why take the WOTBOX off when you can just simply turn it off?

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Why take the WOTBOX off when you can just simply turn it off?

As mentioned previously, with it wired in we saw false limiters. Solution was to remove it completely. Anomalies we couldn't account for.

Just a friendly suggestion while he works to get the tune dialed in. :thumb:

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
Thats pretty good for the first time out. From the mph that car is making 600 like my Shelby.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Got it back for a bit more testing. Unfortunately not a real track. In the asphalt parking lot in or local stadium lol. Take what you can get I guess. Shaun's new strategy did it's job. Traction really became a problem but she still went 105 a few times. Highest was a 105.4 mph. Making some beans. Ended up leaving after getting pretty squiring going into third.

Back