FML! Why Me?!

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
This is probably some of the best advise you'll get on this.

I DO want to know though, did the dealer fill up the tank before delivery?
What octane did they put in the tank?
That sales manager that drove the car a while before they sold it to you, what octane gas did HE put in the tank?

Car dealerships usually deal with one local gas station, they have an account there, and they usually only allow 87 octane to be paid for, using that account

You probably just nailed it, somebody stuffed 87 octane in it. Even then, the knock sensors should have kicked in and reduced timing etc. That assumes the KS are turned on. JDM loves shutting off the KS on coyote engs with pd blowers..siting the ks on the coyote are ultra sensitive. You don't have to shut em off, their sensitivity can be reduced a bit in the tune. 700 rwhp is a bunch, that's like 800+ at the crank, far more than the oem 550 crank / 485rwhp .

I suspect once the eng is pulled apart, it will be a helluva mess inside.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
So important info, wheres this sub coming from? local sub place? national chain? DETAILS

D1984

forum member
Reaction score
You seem to have a lot of toys for somebody who needs to ask for a handout online

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
So important info, wheres this sub coming from? local sub place? national chain? DETAILS

I'll be very disappointed if my pledge goes toward some Jimmy John's bullshit. I expect nothing but the classiest of chicken parm subs - with photographic proof of Frankie going to town on it.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
if he doesnt provide proof of a classy chicken parm, call your credit card company and get the charge reversed. we arent paying for domino's sub level shit around here

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, so if I lose say $20K on the stock market, can I rely on folks for a handout?

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Should've just gotten a 3v if you wanted a mustang. I mean I realize they're not as fast as a 700 hp Gt500, but damn dude.. At least maybe you'd be able to pay for it if you tore it up lol.

$39,000 in the hole. You gon' learn today.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Should've just gotten a 3v if you wanted a mustang. I mean I realize they're not as fast as a 700 hp Gt500, but damn dude.. At least maybe you'd be able to pay for it if you tore it up lol.

$39,000 in the hole. You gon' learn today.

He had a 500hp pro charged 3V that he traded in for the GT500, why the hell a college student traded in a good working/properly tuned car for a highly modified GT500 is beyond me.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
You probably just nailed it, somebody stuffed 87 octane in it. Even then, the knock sensors should have kicked in and reduced timing etc. That assumes the KS are turned on. JDM loves shutting off the KS on coyote engs with pd blowers..siting the ks on the coyote are ultra sensitive. You don't have to shut em off, their sensitivity can be reduced a bit in the tune. 700 rwhp is a bunch, that's like 800+ at the crank, far more than the oem 550 crank / 485rwhp .

I suspect once the eng is pulled apart, it will be a helluva mess inside.

I think the 5.4 doesn't have knock sensors ... I know the '03-'04 Cobra engines didn't have them, and on a tuned/pullied car it didn't take much more than a bad tank of gas to ruin stuff.

I'm running a JDM tune in my pd-blown Coyote and the knock sensors are turned on.

The OP's car is a 2007, first year of production for the GT500, they were rated at 500 crank-hp until the 2010 model which went to 510, then the aluminum block 5.4 '11-'12 cars went to 550hp

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Somehow I don't think this is exactly how the op expected this to go.....which makes you wonder, did he actually think he would get money?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Somehow I don't think this is exactly how the op expected this to go.....which makes you wonder, did he actually think he would get money?

Don't know, but you gotta wonder ... a teenager (OP is 19) trades in a 500rwhp supercharged Mustang, buys a 3.4 Whippled GT500, and over the next 3 days that he has the car (until it blew up), we're to believe he never did any pulls, never floored it?

Where's the B.S. flag?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
In for info on how good/bad the sub was

I'll be very disappointed if my pledge goes toward some Jimmy John's bullshit. I expect nothing but the classiest of chicken parm subs - with photographic proof of Frankie going to town on it.

if he doesnt provide proof of a classy chicken parm, call your credit card company and get the charge reversed. we arent paying for domino's sub level shit around here

Gentlemen.... *long pause...one eye tearing up* due to the graciousness of a fellow member I am now able to provide for myself one chicken parm sub... it will be the finest chicken parm sub in a 6 block radius of my immediate area.. I will be getting this fine piece of culinary sex from none other than "villa borghese" and will provide photographic evidence as well as a review of my eating experience.
I am hoping to be able to eat my delicious sub in front of my in good working order mustang. :thumb:

dream... do.... come true.
Thank you.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
This. Come on, every used car dealership in any town will have at least a 30 day warranty on anything.

100% inaccurate. Most do not. CARMAX being the obvious exception, and I don't believe they will sell a modded vehicle period.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back