Fontana Track Rental 09/21

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This event (post #1) is filling fast. Only a couple spots left. It's going to be fun - I hope some of you guys sign up.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Apparently, they only allow one driver per car. That sucks... otherwise I'd be interested.

2MFF

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Geez, it looks like I am going to be the slowest S197 there. With you heavy hitters and ST Motorsports signed up I have a feeling I am going to come home that day wanting a supercharger real bad.

Apparently, they only allow one driver per car. That sucks... otherwise I'd be interested.

They allow multiple drivers, it's just costly (each has to register)

From the FAQ: Are multiple drivers or vehicles allowed?
No, you can only drive the vehicle you're Tech'd in. If you want another person to drive your vehicle, you will need to register that driver to drive your vehicle. Auto Club Dragway requires a tech card for each driver, driving the same vehicle. All drivers must acquire a wrist band, and sign a waiver at the track. Same rules apply if you want to drive another vehicle, one tech card per driver or vehicle.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Geez, it looks like I am going to be the slowest S197 there. With you heavy hitters and ST Motorsports signed up I have a feeling I am going to come home that day wanting a supercharger real bad.

Just a matter of time :)

don_w

Reaction score
They allow multiple drivers, it's just costly (each has to register)
I know that is true for their street legal days, but is it the same for this event? Even so, I'm not paying $200 for both of us to drive. :bs:

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know that is true for their street legal days, but is it the same for this event? Even so, I'm not paying $200 for both of us to drive. :bs:

Don this is from their web page....

Are multiple drivers or vehicles allowed?
No, you can only drive the vehicle you're Tech'd in. If you want another person to drive your vehicle, you will need to register that driver to drive your vehicle. Auto Club Dragway requires a tech card for each driver, driving the same vehicle. l drivers must acquire a wrist band, and sign a waiver at the track. Same rules apply if you want to drive another vehicle, one tech card per driver or vehicle.

2MFF

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Yes, this is true for this event. The quote I posted was from the Alternative motoring website.

While it is costly, keep in mind this is a private track rental with limited number of participants. They used to do Friday evening events (4pm - midnight) and people would easily get 12 - 15 runs in with cool down time between.

I have always avoided the street legal events because there are SO MANY cars that you wait for ever to get multiple runs. No to mention if someones car breaks

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FYI, if anyone's on the fence, there are only 18 spots left.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I have a family emergency and can not make the 9/21 private track day. My cousin is getting married in October and I must attend a bachelor party in Las Vegas at the Palms starting on 9/21. I must support my cousin in this time of need.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Sorry, I have a family emergency and can not make the 9/21 private track day. My cousin is getting married in October and I must attend a bachelor party in Las Vegas at the Palms starting on 9/21. I must support my cousin in this time of need.

SURE your supporting your cousin, your in it for the bachelor party. LOL

Have fun and don't come back without PICTURES. :shock:

don_w

Reaction score
I won't be there either, and it's also Vegas related. My daughters are going to Vegas that weekend for a birthday celebration, and my wife volunteered us to babysit all three grandkids for the whole weekend (Fri - Mon).

Yea, I smacked her for volunteering ... :hammer:

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Paul isn't that like your 3rd or 4th trip to Vegas? Sounds like any excuse to go to Vegas is a good one. Have fun!!

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just checked the weather for Thursday night/Friday, and it says there is a slight chance of rain. Let's hope this doesn't come to fruition!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back