For those interested in serious weight shaving...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thought you might be interested to know that another 'weird' thing about our S197's is that the doors are not fabricated the same way as the earlier models.

What I mean specifically is that on previous gens, you simply gut the doors to shave quite a bit of weight.

If you are considering gutting out your doors, know that the bulk of the weight in the doors is actually the inside door panel. Just it's construction and the speaker inlays and what not but the inside panels are around 30-35 lbs all by themselves.

What I am doing is having a sheet metal panel made and having it powder coated. With the inside panel off, then the door got next to nothing light. The inside panel was actually more weight than the glass, motors, and guts, believe it or not.

Just some info if to know if you are considering messing with your doors.

Bottom line - unless you plan on creating a new inside panel, it's not really worth any weight shaving messing with the gutting the doors...:hi:

BTW: My new set-up for my factory doors is shaving me about 130 lbs. I'm doing a couple other things as well and the plan is to have the car weighing in at 3350 in full race trim with driver...:thumb:

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Good info ,I could shave 40 lbs if I could lose some weight.

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
Mark just throw the entire VFN front end on it and get it over with. You know you want to.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back