For those wondering when the 12-13 engine update occurred:

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
Did a preemptive tear down and build (looks great) of my 2/12 built 12 gt and found a few things others may find interesting/helpful.

Evidently the cutoff date was before my cars build.

1.) It does NOT have oil squirters.

2v3om8k.jpg

2.) Pretty sure It is already modified for the 13mm cams.

2mpjsex.jpg

3.) Torco puts red stuff everywhere, as expected. I ran this car around 700hp for over a year with many many track passes with no issues. Worth it.

2zz6mhs.jpg

Piston skirt. Ignore the scratch, that came from removal lol.

24zyvrq.jpg

onebadgsx

Reaction score
My 13' had oil squirters.

But i had the upgraded pistons

Last edited by a moderator:

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
They didnt know what the heck they were putting in what then haha. Did you have the clearanced heads? I thought I lucked out when I didn't have to buy the squirters deletes, then ended up having to buy the smaller head studs.

I assume I had the upgraded pistons. I don't know the easy way to identify them.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
I had the smaller head studs too. Dont know about clearancing as i had my done more. Didnt even check

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
I bought a truck engine to use as a core dated 10/2011, heads clearanced for the roller finger followers as well. That started at some point prior to the block changes.

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
I bought a truck engine to use as a core dated 10/2011, heads clearanced for the roller finger followers as well. That started at some point prior to the block changes.

Thanks for the info. Makes me wonder the reason they put squirters in some, but not others.

Kind of wishing I bought the 13mm 290 cj exhaust cams instead of the 11mm version. Oh well

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
My sons 2012 built in June 2013 has them.

Why where they still building 2012 models in June of 2013?? My '13 was actually built in late '12. Surely there weren't building both '12s and '13s at the same time?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back