Forced Induction

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
^LOL! No, but seriously, in all seriousness... Im serious... FI section FTW!

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I like the idea also but I think it should be a subset under the 4.6 and 5.0 tech threads instead of a new section. This would allow the 5.0 and 4.6 guys to discuss FI tech related to their specific engine.

Under the subsets we could make our own general sections for Centrifugal, TS and Turbos.

Earl
Then where would I post (5.4 3v)? You could say the 4.6 section (because it's a 3v), but then where would the GT500 guys post with their 4v questions.... the 5.0 section?

Your above solution would solve a lot of problems, but I just can't help but think there is a better one. I agree it should be more than just a thread.

It's really frustrating when I have a "tech" turbo question and don't have a good place to put it. I usually end up putting it in the 4.6 section.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The GT500 is already FI so that section doesn't need a separate subsection. If you have a GT500, whether it's supercharged or turbo, it's still FI. In your case with your 5.4 3v it would go in the 4.6 subsection because it's a 3v, just like the big bore strokers, the only real difference is the cubic inches. The 5.0 guys are a completely different platform. Guys that have done an FI 5.4 4v in an S197 could just go to the GT500 section for answers.

I think, if we are going to have FI sections, this is the best way to do it. I would hate to see the forum get so chopped up with separate sections that it's not easy to navigate like it is now.

Earl

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
The GT500 is already FI so that section doesn't need a separate subsection. If you have a GT500, whether it's supercharged or turbo, it's still FI. In your case with your 5.4 3v it would go in the 4.6 subsection because it's a 3v, just like the big bore strokers, the only real difference is the cubic inches. The 5.0 guys are a completely different platform. Guys that have done an FI 5.4 4v in an S197 could just go to the GT500 section for answers.

I think, if we are going to have FI sections, this is the best way to do it. I would hate to see the forum get so chopped up with separate sections that it's not easy to navigate like it is now.

Earl
Makes sense. Something needs to be done. I agree, the various FI threads are in a state of disarray....

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

Earl

This is my feeling. There is a point where too many sections and specialties result in less interaction.

I like it as is. I've been involved in a few hobbies throughout the years and anytime a forum gets too catagorized and chopped up it gets worse imo.

If a seperate fi section is needed then at least keep it all together. Many things are applicable to all forms of fi and alot of good information and experience can get shared by keeping it together.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is my feeling. There is a point where too many sections and specialties result in less interaction.

I like it as is. I've been involved in a few hobbies throughout the years and anytime a forum gets too catagorized and chopped up it gets worse imo.

If a seperate fi section is needed then at least keep it all together. Many things are applicable to all forms of fi and alot of good information and experience can get shared by keeping it together.

I agree.

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score

This. I don't see a need for different subsections for the various forms of F/I; too much clutter and too much similar information that could be consolidated. Just have one subforum for any and all F/I topics.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Just have a section called:

BEWST

done...

Back