ford and their pos hoods

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
After all these years you would think ford could make a damn hood that doesnt flutter when cruising at 75 especially for the price of these cars now. Cheap asses.

WARstang

forum member
Reaction score
What exactly makes them cheap asses? That aluminum hood is of higher quality and more expensive to make than a plastic version, would be happy with solid steel? Maybe titanium? . I've never seen my hoods flutter.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Have you tried adjusting the bump stops or whatever they are under the hood? Both my 09 and 12 haven't had a hood flutter.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
When I put my Steeda hood on I thought the damn thing was going to fly off so I adjusted both of them a little bit and went for a couple of test drives tweaking them each time and now it only has a small flutter so maybe that would help you if you did that.

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
I had bad flutter in my hood around 70mph when I first got my 12. I noticed that the hood didn't really line up with the fenders and when I played with the nubs to get the hood looking right, the flutter went away. Good luck.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dont they just adjust the hood alignment? I have no idea how they could effect hood flutter.

this has been a "known" issue for years on the S197s. adjusting them very well could solve the issue. :thumb2:

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
all 3 of my S197's have had, and do have the dreaded flutter. Hood pins don't cure the flutter but makes me confident at 140+ that the hood will stay on. I've heard the 2010 undertray in front helps too.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
Haven't noticed this in my 2012. My 06 fluttered the one time I brought it up to high speeds and scared the heck out of me (at the time I didn't know it was a common 'issue'). Aside from that one time I never really noticed it in my 06 much either.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back