ford racing 5.3

strangebhavior

forum member
Reaction score
Trying to decide which short block to get. Anyone with personal experience with new big bore stroker 5.3. Would be really good if some of info was with it boosted. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Trying to decide which short block to get. Anyone with personal experience with new big bore stroker 5.3. Would be really good if some of info was with it boosted. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

My experience is with a 5.3 Big Bore, not the FRPP but it might be relevant to your decision.

I've mostly run na but it was boosted with a Department of Boost M122 supercharger for a few months. When boosted it made 586/523 rwhp/tq with only 7psi and E85 as a fuel. This was with the stock cats. Probably the biggest difference in mine vs the FRPP is that mine is 12:1 compression and I'm running cnc heads.

It's also made a decent amount of power na. 438rhwp/389tq on E85. That was with the FRPP intake manifold, 62mm tb, 95mm C&L cai, and Mac LT headers with high flow cats.

I'm currently running it with stock cats, stock intake manifold with imrc, stock tb, and Bullitt 87mm cai. With this very driveable and somewhat airflow limited setup it's still making 397/390 on E85 and 387/388 on 92 octane gas.

I'm of the opinion that the Bullitt cai and stock tb have reached their limits of airflow at 5k rpm and this is part of why I didn't see a bigger increase with E85.

GT E UPP

forum member
Reaction score
If helpful, I currently have a Brenspeed B326 Ford Boss Big Bore 5.3 Stroker , 9.8 CR with an Intercooled HO 2.3 Whipple at 15 psi on 94 Octane pump gas. Also Has Ford Racing CNC Ported Heads, HotRod Cams, FRPP 62mm Throttle Body, Kooks headers with High flow Catted H Pipe, etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
726 rwhp on E85. Mods and video link in sig.

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
if you search for my build thread I have a bit of info as well. I'm at 10.5:1 compression. old setup with an inefficient turbo made 700/733 @12 psi 797/8xx @18psi and 840/1000@ 23psi <~this number was only at 4k rpms.

new setup will be well over 1000/1000 through an auto.

strangebhavior

forum member
Reaction score
AWESOME THANK YALL SO MUCH
Just made my mind up ford racing b53 it is. Heads are at shop now getting cnc. Ford racing intake and 62 throttle body and comp cams waiting in garage. Will be on pump gas for dd , and another tune on race gas for track. Also was running small very efficient powerhouse intercooled turbo kit also. On stock block for 70000 miles , 8 lbs with 460 at tires. Turbo supposed to go to 20 lbs, might have to find out.
1 more question. Cams call for springs retainers and vct FIX. Would you recommend lock outs or the limiters. Saw that ford makes a plate for vct sensor housing to delete vct completely used on trucks with same heads. So would be good to use if locking out vct. On other hand vct supposed to help a lot with engine and with higher compression on pump gas would help with dedonation. Only other thing is I am new to these things but a whole swarm of speed bugs done bit me since buying a used turbo kit. Been doing a whole lot of reading and web searching. And most of it not helping me make my mind up at all. Have a few more parts to get ,not much but needed to determine 6 or 8 bolt flywheel I was goin to use first. Hopefully get my car back on road beginning of may. vct deletes or limiters? I am thinking limiters. THANKS AGAIN

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe 1 more thing now frrp or brenspeed. Was looking at that one too

I would say Brenspeed. Kent builds the engines. He's built several. Two of Brenspeeds drag cars run the B326. I've got 3k miles on my B326. I'm servicing the car for spring now and pulled the plugs the other day. They look perfect. Engine has no leaks, no burning oil. Absolutely zero problems. If I ever need another mod motor, Kent will be building it.

Back