Ford Racing spark plugs

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Jarrod, I hope your tooth is feeling better.

I'm shopping for plugs for my supercharged 2009 Bullitt. I need plugs one step colder than stock. A popular item for 2005-2008 Mustangs but almost impossible to find for 2009-2010 Mustangs. I recently found (through Google) Ford Racing plugs over at Moss Muscle and ordered them. They sent me NGK plugs instead so I returned them. They claimed the Ford Racing plugs are NLA and the NGK plugs came straight from Ford, but I wasn't buying it.

Digging a bit deeper in my search I found that you have these same plugs listed on your website. Are these in fact Ford Racing plugs or will something else be substituted if I order them?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Also, while poking around your website I found a couple different options for a rear end cover/girdle. You have a Drake and a Ford Racing. Are there any substantial functional differences between these two covers and will the Ford Racing cover clear my pan hard bar? It mentions the possibility of clearance issues.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Teeth are feeling good these days. Glad to be back at work.

Jarrod, I hope your tooth is feeling better.

I'm shopping for plugs for my supercharged 2009 Bullitt. I need plugs one step colder than stock. A popular item for 2005-2008 Mustangs but almost impossible to find for 2009-2010 Mustangs. I recently found (through Google) Ford Racing plugs over at Moss Muscle and ordered them. They sent me NGK plugs instead so I returned them. They claimed the Ford Racing plugs are NLA and the NGK plugs came straight from Ford, but I wasn't buying it.

Digging a bit deeper in my search I found that you have these same plugs listed on your website. Are these in fact Ford Racing plugs or will something else be substituted if I order them?

They are all NGK plugs. We have a few sets in stock and the NGK plugs are packed in the white ford racing box.

Also, while poking around your website I found a couple different options for a rear end cover/girdle. You have a Drake and a Ford Racing. Are there any substantial functional differences between these two covers and will the Ford Racing cover clear my pan hard bar? It mentions the possibility of clearance issues.

No functional differences in the 2. I have sold more of the scott drakes to the 05+ guys so you dont have to worry about the pan hard bar hitting. The FRPP one sells well, but it sell mainly to the 87-04 crowd.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info.

A little more help before I place my order. The Ford Racing girdle recommends the stud kit as well. Is this an upgrade or just something you need when replacing gears? Is this something I should do on a stock 3.73 limited slip rear end if I'm launching hard and turning 1.7 second 60' times? I'm on MT ET Streets and dumping the clutch about 5K rpm.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I would be an upgrade over the stock ones.

In my 2006 my rear end was 100% bone stock with the 3.55 gears. I never changed anything and was launching at 7k with MT slicks. I probably should have done something, but i was just being lazy and didnt do it.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Cool. If I'm going to get the girdle then I might as well upgrade the studs while I'm in there. I see you sell the friction modifier as well. Heading that way in about 5 minutes to order. :thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back