FORE tripple returnless conversion to Return??

ethrjock

forum member
Reaction score
Considering my options on going return style and I would appreciate any opinions on the board on the subject of converting a FORE tripple pump. I picked up this FORE returnless hat. It has a 1/2" plug in the top of the hat. Since there isnt native support for a return style setup with this hat I am looking to get creative.

Has anyone converted one of these hats to return style? Looks like I could craft a curved return tube and attach it to a 90* 1/2" style fitting in the hat where this plug is located (see photo). Has anyone tried this? See any reason why this would not work? I called FORE and it seems that my hat was a older style that does not have plumbing crafted into the hat for Return style like some of the new FORE hats.

Here is a photo of the top of the hat. See that flat plug on the right with the allen head? IT comes off and a large 90* an fitting will screw into that.

web.jpg

see that bronze looking plug to the left?. this is the underside. I would create a arched return line around the "spine" of the assembly so it reached to the bottom of the tank.
web.jpg

One other obstacle after the return line is that FORE told me the returnless GT pump holders are a different size than the ones for return style so that has to be addressed too.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Not sure if its an easy mod, but if it were me I would sell it and just buy the right hat. But thats me being lazy as usual. Have you called Fore to ask what it would take. They are a great company and have answered all my questions.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I have never had a returnless Fore in my hands before and its kind of hard to tell from your pics but it looks like it uses the same “hat” portion as the return style (what I have) does except that yours has that adapter type of thing on top that looks like it works as a manifold for the two pumps and the output for the third pump is blocked by the smaller of the two plugs. I’m guessing you can remove the manifold jobbie off of the top and you will have two holes that go through the hat, one into each pump. They should be tapped and Fore can supply you with the correct 90deg fittings to go in there (and the third smaller plugged hole if your running three pumps).

My return port looks just like yours. I have the Fore supplied 90deg -8 fitting screwed into it.

The older GEN1 Fore hats were bored for the “GT Supercar” pumps which have a slightly smaller diameter than the Walbro 255’s. That’s probably what your dealing with. Word of caution though. The GT pumps don’t have built in check valves so if you run those it’s a safe bet to put some check valves in before the Y-Block. If you don’t and a pump quits it will act as a return and the remaining pump(s) won’t be able to provide nearly enough pressure/volume.

Good luck

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
if you consider selling it to go for the return hit me up, other than that I have no imput and wish you luck!

1lowtoy

forum member
Reaction score
I believe that Fore will sell you just the pump bracket for the 255 pumps. This way you don't have to replace the whole thing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back