Freshened up Steering Wheel

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
Since everybody was upset I didn't post pix of my replacement OEM steering wheel, that looks exactly the same as the one that was in there before, here is my new/old one that came out of the car. A friend of mine rewrapped it in Alcantara so i'll probably install it back into the car next week. WOOOOOOOOO.

218354_10150250275287033_505467032_8692842_1633421_o.jpg

hastethedav

forum member
Reaction score
ive been drooling over this since i got to work....

how durable is alcantara? from a few quick google searches it seems rather expensive, i'd be worried as my car is a daily driver, looks very comfy tho

SonicBlur

]V[EGADET]-[
Reaction score
Wood Dale/Schaumburg, Illinois. Near Chicago
If you decide to do it, I have a regular non-IUP steering wheel OR a leather IUP steering wheel I can add on top of a few bucks if you need some sort of wheel just to sell the car. Let me know!

-Mike

Last edited:

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
if he can post a how to ;) heheheh would love to do everything in the car that i can in this !

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I love the feel of alcantara, I have it on my 2010 GT500 steering wheel. The only complaint I have is that it picks up oils and lotions from your hands and gets matted down rather quickly. I have to scrub it all the time to keep it clean and still have that "suede" feel.

Nice job though. I'll bet it changes the whole feel of the car.

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
I love the feel of alcantara, I have it on my 2010 GT500 steering wheel. The only complaint I have is that it picks up oils and lotions from your hands and gets matted down rather quickly. I have to scrub it all the time to keep it clean and still have that "suede" feel.

Nice job though. I'll bet it changes the whole feel of the car.

haven't had a chance to put it in yet... next week hopefully.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back