Friendly callout---all SoCal s197's

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of a competition of sorts to see who has got what?

No rules, other then we all race at the same track on the same day/night so we all race with the same conditions. Quickest ET wins. Then we can post up the rankings. I was thinking just like what they do at MM&FF when they have the cobra or Mach 1 shoot-outs.

I was thinking it would be great to have a friendly competition. Unfortunately the nearest 1/4 mile track worth a damn is Famoso, which would be a very long haul for anyone in San Diego area. Or perhaps we could wait until CA Speedway gets the lights for night racing--but I believe that won't be until October.

August 24th (Friday night drags) @ Famoso looks pretty good, and will give about a month for people to get there cars ready. Anyone that could make it I would encourage to come, but off hand I was thinking:

Mark
Adam
Dean
Me
Don W
Greg
Eduardo
Ken
Tony
Brandi
Lostsoul (with DR's)
Stanley Roper
(who am I missing?)
and anyone else that would like to come.

(Luckily the two kick ass V6 cars will not be able to make it :whip:) HAHA.

What do you guys think? Perhaps another date or track? If people would be willing to go 1/8th mile, I would be willing to drive to Barona on a weekend event or Fri/Sat. Irwindale would be a possiblity also---but I figured everyone would probably want to go 1/4 mile---and when you do that, there is only one choice for everyone really......

Please let me know of any additions to the list above. I know I am missing some....

Last edited:

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I could do Famoso. If my tranny lasts. The Dizzle and Jumpinjoe may be able to go as well.

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We should do and east cost one too, sometime after Feb 08 so I can participate!

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score
What do you guys think of a competition of sorts to see who has got what?

No rules, other then we all race at the same track on the same day/night so we all race with the same conditions. Quickest ET wins. Then we can post up the rankings. I was thinking just like what they do at MM&FF when they have the cobra or Mach 1 shoot-outs.

I was thinking it would be great to have a friendly competition. Unfortunately the nearest 1/4 mile track worth a damn is Famoso, which would be a very long haul for anyone in San Diego area. Or perhaps we could wait until CA Speedway gets the lights for night racing--but I believe that won't be until October.

August 24th (Friday night drags) @ Famoso looks pretty good, and will give about a month for people to get there cars ready. Anyone that could make it I would encourage to come, but off hand I was thinking:

Mark
Adam
Dean
Me
Don W
Greg
Eduardo
Ken
Tony
Brandi
Lostsoul (with DR's)
Stanley Roper
(who am I missing?)
and anyone else that would like to come.

(Luckily the two kick ass V6 cars will not be able to make it :whip:) HAHA.

What do you guys think? Perhaps another date or track? If people would be willing to go 1/8th mile, I would be willing to drive to Barona on a weekend event or Fri/Sat. Irwindale would be a possiblity also---but I figured everyone would probably want to go 1/4 mile---and when you do that, there is only one choice for everyone really......

Please let me know of any additions to the list above. I know I am missing some....

hmmm, Thanks stanley for pm'ing me this...I would have missed it...

I am a go in this. Where and when again....

Last edited:

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds like fun Paul, my 25# pulley should be on by then:poke:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hmmm, Thanks stanley for pm'ing me this...I would have missed it...

I am a go in this. Where and when again....

The track and the date are both up for debate. If we want to do 1/4 mile, then FAMOSO in the only choice and all we would have to agree on is the date. At Famoso, the last TNT that I see on there schedule is August 24th, with a few earlier.

If people decide 1/8th mile is ok, then there are two good choices. Irwindale has lots of hook but can be crowded. Barona's track prep is almost as good, everyone would get plenty of runs, but its very far south.

FFW at Ca Speedway is another possibility, but everyone will be in different classes and not sure how we could work that.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
What about doing it at FFW Fontana in October? We'd likely get three time trials in the a.m. before the competition started. And maybe we could also all sign up for the Quick Challenge bracket class (which allows non-DOT slicks).

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would love to go. Although, I don't think I'd be as fast as almost all of you. Plus, I would like to meet some of you. My buddy might be fighting at Long Beach that weekend, but not sure yet.
If not, I'll be there.

October would fit me fine, also.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would love to go. Although, I don't think I'd be as fast as almost all of you. Plus, I would like to meet some of you. My buddy might be fighting at Long Beach that weekend, but not sure yet.
If not, I'll be there.

October would fit me fine, also.

Everyone is welcome that can make it, racing or not. And while I want to keep this as simple as possible, it would make sense once we have all of the ETs for the rankings---to break it up into N/A and Power adder.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I really like Famoso cause it's in between everyone but I am not too sure about the weather in august. Geez, it was 110º last time we went.

I actually like Fontanna for a couple reasons...

1. It's in October and weather should be nice
2. It's FFW event with a lot of opportunity for braggin' rights and coverage
3. The track should be in pretty good shape by October

don_w

Reaction score
The problem I have with Famoso is that it is 240 miles away from me. If something broke while I was there, I'd be stuck with a major towing bill to get the car home. Unfortuantely, I'm not equipped to trailer the car there either.

don_w

Reaction score
What do you guys think? Perhaps another date or track? If people would be willing to go 1/8th mile, I would be willing to drive to Barona on a weekend event or Fri/Sat.
FYI... on Fri & Sat, 9/7-9/8, there is a back-to-back Qualcomm and Barona scheduled.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The only thing that bothers me about CA Speedway at FFW is last year people only got two time trial runs, then brackets started. People are not going to run as fast as possible in brackets, so people will only have two runs to run the best ET possible. Plus you have the wind factor, which is usually pretty bad in October. Last year we had 15 mph head winds. It sucked big time. But I do agree this is the most centrally located 1/4 mile track for everyone, but NO ONE is going to run a new best at CA Speedway.

Now Famoso is a fast track for sure. Famoso is a 1/4 mile version of Irwindale, good elevation, great track prep.

don_w

Reaction score
I got three time trials on Sunday last year. Maybe Sat was different.

If we do Famoso, I'd want to wait until it cools off (a lot).

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ditto - 90º is a lot better than 110º....:thud:

jumpinjoe

Used up has been
Reaction score
Count me in guys! Should Have my UD pulleys and delete plates by then. :rock:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back