Front end noise on a 2010 v6

micky-d

Reaction score
Has anyone been dealing with front end noise on a 2010 v6 mustang. Drives perfect and runs great. I am getting a clunking noise when I hit the slightest deep bump, you do not here it going down the road at any speed. Just a sharp bump or dip.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would guess end links, sway bar bushings that's where I'd look first. Strut mount or mounts possibly but not likely based on your description.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Are the front LCA's original? If not, how old? Recommend getting the front wheels off of the ground and check front wheels as well as sway bar links, ball joints in the LCA's; struts/strut bearings; etc. My car ran/tracked perfect too but I noticed the right front wheel seemed to be leaning more compared to the other side. Decided to replace both arms w/GT-500 LCA's (stouter; expecting them to last longer) and found the old LCA on the passenger side had rotted out around the ball joint a bit so good that I found it when I did. Depending on where you live (northern climbs or near the coast) I'd suggest checking those items yearly.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back