FRPP 4.10's not good?

FORDIFIED3V281

THE HITMAN
Reaction score
Hey Fordified which shop do you use. I grew up in Tampa and go down there all the time.
i do most of the work my self with a friend, RC Customs did my gears in pinellas park and i am think ing of going to 410s which he said he would for 300.00 inc gear.

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
I had 3 sets of the FRPP4.10M gears installed and they all whined. The installer pulled each set and tried to correct the whining and the only thing that helped was the 4th set was a set of FRPP 4.10A gears now everyting is fine. He is one of the best gears guy around here and i know it was not a faulty installation. My installer told me he had a number of noisy M gears and won't use them anymore, I have never heard of the N gears I hope they are better than the Ms.

h8imports

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a N FRPP gear. I think it was suppose to be M for Motive. I have a set of 3.90's I'm fixing to pull out and I'm going to go with 4.30's. LOL My car is a DD also. Don't fear the gear! My 3.90's whine. I knew they would when I bought them because they where Motive. I got my gears for 125 shipped to my door. So I bought them. The whining is not bad enough to bother me. I just want more gear or I would leave my 3.90's in it. Well it all really depends on how it pulls after I get my cams in the car.

Good luck. If you don't want whine get FRPP. Thats my 2 cents worth.

JimmyD

forum member
Reaction score
how far are you from JDM? you should look them up

That's where I had my gears done in November. FRPP 4.10's , the total price for the install plus parts was $700 (I also had an LPW girdle installed, $170) It was worth the money, and I know they were installed right! No problems

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back