FRPP "Bullitt" CAI w/ Modded Radiator Cover

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What's up fellas? Snapped some quick pics of my Sunday project. Went with the FRPP "Bullitt" CAI. Went more for looks this time around. I'm not racing out there nor do I think I will anytime soon. Had to cut into the TruCarbon radiator cover I've had. It's been off since I installed the Shelby hood pins. Just didn't have the hart to slice into it. So I said to hell with it and went for it. I'm happy with the end result. I know the bay needs a little cleaning here and there. Some billet caps and it's set off proper. Check the pics and let me know what you think. Thanks fellas!!!

dffc0993.jpg

93315e2d.jpg

80379799.jpg

59a5441b.jpg

Downs

forum member
Reaction score
Did you get the ECU reflased at the same time? I know that FRPP sells the CAI with a tuner. I'd like to get just the CAI byitself and get a BAMA tune.

topbliss

Reaction score
looks good and they work well but that is a factory bullitt intake not an FRPP cai system. The bullitt has the 2 holes on the bottom of the rubber intake hose(you plugged) and the Ford symbol in not painted on the factory bullitt one. This is a FRPP aftermarket one.. My car..

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks good and they work well but that is a factory bullitt intake not an FRPP cai system. The bullitt has the 2 holes on the bottom of the rubber intake hose(you plugged) and the Ford symbol in not painted on the factory bullitt one. This is a FRPP aftermarket one.. My car..

Your car looks great!!! Nice and clean. I know the FRPP CAI doesn't have the silencer holes and logo painted. From what I remember is that FRPP developed the CAI and upon its release it was sold just the way you see the one I got. I remember Doug from Bamachips (before the AM sell), did a whole write up/review and it was deemed the FRPP Bullitt CAI. Either way, I love the way it looks and it works really well for sure.

Did you get the ECU reflased at the same time? I know that FRPP sells the CAI with a tuner. I'd like to get just the CAI byitself and get a BAMA tune.

I did get it reflashed. I got the Bama tunes for life program so the new tune was free. I've changed CAI's 4 times now in the last two years...lol I got this CAI used and it didn't come with FRPP's programmer. It's just a great looking nicely functioning CAI.

topbliss

Reaction score
What happened with that cai is that it was first introduced on the Mustang Bullitt in 08, with the silencer holes and no painted logo. Everyone loved it and asked Ford to produce an aftermarket version and the FRPP was made without the silencer holes and the painted logo. You have the factory Mustang Bullitt version and I have the aftermarket FRPP version.

Your car looks great!!! Nice and clean. I know the FRPP CAI doesn't have the silencer holes and logo painted. From what I remember is that FRPP developed the CAI and upon its release it was sold just the way you see the one I got. I remember Doug from Bamachips (before the AM sell), did a whole write up/review and it was deemed the FRPP Bullitt CAI. Either way, I love the way it looks and it works really well for sure.

I did get it reflashed. I got the Bama tunes for life program so the new tune was free. I've changed CAI's 4 times now in the last two years...lol I got this CAI used and it didn't come with FRPP's programmer. It's just a great looking nicely functioning CAI.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score

Order the FRPP CAI from AM with a SCT tuner. Get the BAMA tunes for life with it. Is what I did.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What happened with that cai is that it was first introduced on the Mustang Bullitt in 08, with the silencer holes and no painted logo. Everyone loved it and asked Ford to produce an aftermarket version and the FRPP was made without the silencer holes and the painted logo. You have the factory Mustang Bullitt version and I have the aftermarket FRPP version.

Ok, so we have basically the same CAI made by the same people. I'm pretty sure the ford racing logo wouldn't of been embossed on the box if they didn't have plans for "aftermarket" production. These CAI's are the same except for a couple of technicalities. Either way factory or FRPP, it's a damn good looking well working CAI. I really like that it has less air howl and I can hear the exhaust more...

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your air filter looks like it's seen better days.

It has... Thats how I got it, too eager to throw it on already...lol Its that good paper element. I got a K&N on the way then it will look much better. Doesn't make sense to get the paper type replacement when a washable K&N can be had for $10 more.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
It has... Thats how I got it, too eager to throw it on already...lol Its that good paper element. I got a K&N on the way then it will look much better. Doesn't make sense to get the paper type replacement when a washable K&N can be had for $10 more.

Doesn't make sense to get the oiled K&N filters when a dry one can be had for $10 more :crazy:

All kidding aside, I dig the one-piece radiator cover. Very nice piece.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^haha...lol I'll probably buy both to have as when I need to clean the K&N I can slap on the paper filter.

That one piece cover is really nice. Kinda didn't wanna cut it but said to hell with it. Looks really good I think...

topbliss

Reaction score
Ok, so we have basically the same CAI made by the same people. I'm pretty sure the ford racing logo wouldn't of been embossed on the box if they didn't have plans for "aftermarket" production. These CAI's are the same except for a couple of technicalities. Either way factory or FRPP, it's a damn good looking well working CAI. I really like that it has less air howl and I can hear the exhaust more...

yup... You are right.. hey probably had plans from the beginning to make an aftermarket one. I think its the BEST looking cai of ay manufacture out there. And th ehp/torque numbers it can put down(mine makes more then any other stock (with cai) I have ever seen.) Don't fall into the group who swear that this cai is inferior to the others out there, it just ain't true and my dyno numbers prove it.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is really cheap... I work at a parts distributor and our cost is twice of that on the same filter!!!! Someone has something backwards...

Your right about these CAI's not making the same hp as the others. Down to the nitty gritty? Maybe. Do I feel it? No... Feels the same as when I had the jlt. Just with no detonation...lol

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The green one is nice. Would really fit if I had a Bullitt or a Legend Lime. It's a little more then the K&N. I have never had any issues nor do I believe a cotton gauze filter is inferior to a paper element. Is a cotton filter better than a paper? Don't believe so either. Just nice to have as the wells for these paper filters will dry up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back