FRPP Bumper beams

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
I don't know what the rear OEM bumper beam weighs, but I just weighed the front OEM bumper beam that I took off to replace with the FR500S Bumper Beam (M-17757-A) and it weighs 12.4lbs.

The FR500S front piece weighs just under 20lbs, so an increase of around 7.5lbs over the OEM part, but then the FR500S piece has additional bracing to take the stresses placed on it when used, as intended, for towing. Therefore, it would be safe to assume that the rear FR500C/S bumper beam that you linked to, also weighs more than the rear OEM piece for the same reasons.

You can see some of the additional bracing in this picture that I took during my install...

DSC_0387.jpg

Last edited:

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
^ he says it weighs 12.4 lbs and the ship weight on the one in question is 20lbs so its probably heavier.

ranebowcyxx

forum member
Reaction score
What are you looking to lose weight for, drag? auto-x?

Drag - I've been following the weight threads here and I have done a number of weight mods already.

I need to shed some unsprung weight, that's were I have a lot of room left.

ranebowcyxx

forum member
Reaction score
I saw the Razor's Edge beams, I like the light weight, even though I very seldom drive my car on the street I am concerned about safety.

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
Thats what I ordered 3 months ago and still waiting

:mad2:

You too? I ordered them on August 18 and have been trying to get a refund from Paypal, as I gave up long ago on Paul ever answering the phone, much less giving me a refund or actually shipping the product.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
Thats what I ordered 3 months ago and still waiting

:mad2:

You too? I ordered them on August 18 and have been trying to get a refund from Paypal, as I gave up long ago on Paul ever answering the phone, much less giving me a refund or actually shipping the product.

Really? Well that is good to know. I would like to have this but I think I will look into fabricating something on my own now thanks to the feedback listed above.

2005mach1

forum member
Reaction score

That sucks - Paul is alway nice on the phone but never shipped

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back