FRPP CJ "Q" spring comparison.

TheBlackPearl

forum member
Reaction score
Ok here we go, I ordered a set of the Q springs a few months ago and am just now starting on the install. I got the rears done this morning. Naturally I didn't bother looking for instructions, I just grabbed some tools and gave her a college try. Install went smoothly and took about an hour with just hand tools. The springs lowered the ass-end about 1/4 of an inch, but they will probably settle a bit still.

Now for the pictures...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401724100.642675.jpg

The CJ rears are the outside (dirty) two and look like they are wound a little tighter on the left hand end than the factory springs on my 2010.

I'm still waiting on funds to order my CC plates, struts, and shocks to finish the install up. Then I'll post some pics of the car, and comparison pictures of the front springs.

Thanks,
TBP

Sent from my iPhone using it as a signal mirror.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I hope you have better luck than I did, I installed a set of "Q" springs on my car last year and had similar results on the rears but the front ended up looking like a baja truck-stang! Must have lifted it a good 3 or 4 inches! Needless to say those springs weren't in place for long, I ended up swapping them out for a set of 5300RA's. I'm very happy with the RA's. Here's a few pics:

From left to right: Eibach Prokit, 5300RA, Stock/OEM, 5300Q

5300Q - Those are 20's BTW!

5300RA's

5300RA's on 15" Welds:

IDK if there was an issue with the Q springs I had or maybe they work good in the Cobra Jet's they're intended for since those motors are heavier than my aluminum 3v? Either way good luck man! Didn't mean to thread jack..

TheBlackPearl

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting that's crazy that it lifted the front that much.

I guess if that happens I'll have to get a set of afco or strange coil overs :( boohoo

Sent from my iPhone using it as a signal mirror.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back