frpp intake manifold & bbr stage 1 cams installed!!!!

jsquared_25

forum member
Reaction score
Well, with the help of Darren(UltraKla$$ic) I got the cams and intake installed this weekend(really appreciate the help Darren). The install did go pretty smooth with the exception of me not paying close attention to what I was doing, I compressed on spring too much without pushing the valve down and a keeper fell off. Talk about a royal pain in the ass to get that sucker back on the valve. I used the spring compressor on the passenger side and used the method of slowing releasing pressure from the caps on the drivers side. I found it a lot easier without the spring compressor no doubt. Anyway, the car sounds really good and runs great as well. Anyone who is on the fence about cams, the BBR stage 1's are a win in my book. I will try to post up a video here in a little bit, I am only able to use my phone right now since my comp. took a shit on me.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Anytime my friend!:beer:

I thought you fell inside your motor and was trapped inside after not hearing from you all this week.:lol2: LOL!

The BBR stage I are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Definitely throw up some pics of the motor with the FRPP intake and some vids of those smoking cams!:thumb:

Call or PM if you need anything else!

jsquared_25

forum member
Reaction score
Anytime my friend!:beer:

I thought you fell inside your motor and was trapped inside after not hearing from you all this week.:lol2: LOL!

The BBR stage I are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Definitely throw up some pics of the motor with the FRPP intake and some vids of those smoking cams!:thumb:

Call or PM if you need anything else!
Yeah, I figured you would think something was up. Putting that keeper back on that valve tied up quite a bit of time. After I wrapped that up I got tied up helping a buddy with a few things. Today is the first day I have had time to get back on here. I am trying to put a short idle video up on youtube from my phone, but it keeps erroring out on me. I am gonna keep trying though. Thanks again Darren for your advice, it was a lifesaver.

glad you enjoy the sound of our cams!!! Have fun!
I freaking love them Steve.

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
It sure as shit does. How long did you have the cams in your car before the follower went south?

Little more than a year i guess, with about 10 passes at the track. They were regrinds as well. That may of had something to do with it but who knows..

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sounds great... and props for doing own work and or with a friend and learning/experiencing the process.

A job well done :beerdrink:

jsquared_25

forum member
Reaction score
sounds great... and props for doing own work and or with a friend and learning/experiencing the process.

A job well done :beerdrink:
Thanks, yeah me and my dad(and my little brother helped a little bit, he wanted to get his hands dirty) did the install and it was a great learning experience. I try to do everything myself and since we did the headers I figured this wouldn't be near that tough of a task to tackle. Heck man, I was right down the road from you in Orange at my folks house doing the install. I have many fun nights in Lake Charles.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back