FRPP K Springs Rear Not Low Enough

Grubb

forum member
Reaction score
I have K springs on Koni's all around. 1.5" drop. I wish I would have went with something more like Sportlines so the rear would be a little more drop. I just don't like the raked stance. I want the rear to be about .3 lower. Has any one cut some of the rear K springs to accomplish this? or replaced just the rear spring with something else? I'm trying not to take the front back apart or repurchase a whole other set.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
That doesn't look bad at all. While I do prefer most cars level overall, I think Mustangs look good with a little forward rake. I know some springs level things out more, like BMR's. Not sure if any springs eliminate all the rake?

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
If you just installed them, they may settle a bit. I went with SR (1.5" drop), and didn't hardly get a full 1.5, more like 1-1.25 all around. The rear is a bit higher than the front just like yours. A full tank of gas evens it out a bit, though.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
They may settle in a bit. Give it some time. I still think the car looks good!

We do sell our rear springs separately - they may work to get you where you want to be. (cant promise though)

Grubb

forum member
Reaction score
They may settle in a bit. Give it some time. I still think the car looks good!

We do sell our rear springs separately - they may work to get you where you want to be. (cant promise though)

What drop do you offer for rear only springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
I have DUB springs - they've been on the car for two years, and they haven't settled at all. I have about the same gap as you guys do in the back. I'm gonna wait until agfter my upcoming engine swap to decide whether to leave them as is or get lower ones.

For a while, I was carrying around a couple thousand rounds of .45 ACP in the spare tire well to lower the back.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't think the BMR springs will help you at a 1.5" drop. I have been around this problem myself and came up with the only way would be to get a rear set of sportlines or the like. OR... go with a larger rear tire to fill the gap, which is not turning out to be as easy as I had hoped.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I took the rear isolators out on mine to compensate for the added rake from the Konis, but it's louder this way.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Really, nobody suggested air yet? I'm offended. Lol

So op, get air :D

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back