FRPP rear end fluid fill question?

mr. anderson

forum member
Reaction score
I installed the FRPP rear end girdle M-4033-G2, and was wondering how much fluid needs to go in the rear, I have put 4 quarts of 75-140 in it and it still isn't up to the fill plug like the instructions says to fill it to. WTF?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Factory fill is 2 qts and 4oz of mollifier.

Of course a 30 second search would given you this answer.

mr. anderson

forum member
Reaction score
huh, interesting, that's what I get for reading the instructions. Checking on a couple of the forum vendor websites that sell the part and they all say 3 quarts with this cover. oh well, at least draining a quart will be easy.

YoungPony

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have the rear end level and are you filling it from the hole in the girdle cover or the hole by the drive shaft? As stated above it takes about 2 quarts to fill stock

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Last edited:

mr. anderson

forum member
Reaction score
yes, very much so. I used amsoil 75w140, plus the ford friction modifier, I know amsoil says it's not needed, but I added it anyway,

Are you saying that the factory fill port is lower to the ground than the fill port on the new differential cover?

OneQwkStang

Improving the Breed
Reaction score
It will hold a little more fluid using that girdle...but regardless remove the front fill plug on the drivers side of the diff...fill it until you can reach your pinky finger in and touch fluid with a slight bend in the finger. Any more and it will piss out the vent on the passenger side axle tube vent.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back