FRPP Rear sway bar

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
I see in my local classifieds someone is selling a new frpp rear sway bar for $60. Just the bar itself. No bushings or anything. Can I use all my existing hardware to install it? Sounds like a good deal. Bar is 22mm, stock is 20mm.

Just looking for some info, and not from the seller lol. Thanks!

And edit: Just in case it matters, I am lowered on eibach pro kit, d-specs waiting in garage to be installed.

Last edited:

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
Bah with the extra parts needed + shipping to canada + duties may as well just buy a set that includes it all. Can get a steeda rear sway bar for 159 and it uses factory endlinks.

Thanks for the heads up!

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Bah with the extra parts needed + shipping to canada + duties may as well just buy a set that includes it all. Can get a steeda rear sway bar for 159 and it uses factory endlinks.

Thanks for the heads up!

??? Most aftermarket sway bars are larger than the factory one and need larger end links and saddle bushings.

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
Yes you can. I bought an frpp rear bar from cdc a few years ago when they were blowing them out. Itll take a little strength but yesbyou can use factory bushings

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Unless you have an upgraded front sway bar, i woudlnt even think about the rear, it will throw off the balance of the car in a big way, the front sway bar is the most important, the rear does not always help.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Yes you can. I bought an frpp rear bar from cdc a few years ago when they were blowing them out. Itll take a little strength but yesbyou can use factory bushings

Those factory rubber bushings must have a lot of give in them. Poly bushings will make the car handle better though.

Last edited:

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Check out the Shelby Store. They have these for $29.
http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/x-m-5a772-c.htm

Description

These rear, Ford Racing Anti-Roll "sway bars" are cosmetically damaged.

Applications:
2005-2011 Shelby GT, Mustang GT

Notes:
These rear bars are cosmetically damaged and will contain paint chips scrapes, etc.
Does not contain bushings or other hardware.

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice finds guys. I think Ill go with my original plan and just get a package from Sam Strano in the spring. And I think Moses has a point up there, if I make the rear too stiff for the front it will oversteer, so may as well do everything at once so it stays balanced.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back