FRPP Suspension Kit

Aforeign

Reaction score
Throw my two cents in. Had a piece-meal setup in my 2009. Went with FRPP, along with new GT500 front lower control arms, J&M caster plates, and adjustable front end-links. (Also have FRP strut brace). Install was quick and painless.
Overall I am very happy with the setup. Great very daily driving and weekend auto-x. If I was going to do much more than the weekend auto-x I would swap out for K-springs.
Now, not running any where near that much RWP in my mildly (CAI/tune exhaust) 09, so I agree beefing up the rear end should be a priority.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
A little late to the conversation, but.... My Shelby GT has the FRPP suspension as part of the Las Vegas installed conversion. The dampers are way too stiff. I've installed rear BMR control arms. The biggest improvement was qa1 adjustable shocks and struts. Car hooks really well now. You petty much need to be a pro level driver to keep it out of the ditch, however. No push whatsoever, but massive oversteer. Personally I think your best bet is to cherry pick individual pieces. I don't think any one company makes the best of everything across the board.
These cars are known for understeer, if you have enough oversteer to make the car dangerous I would hesitate to recommend any parts you re running until you figure it out.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
A little late to the conversation, but.... My Shelby GT has the FRPP suspension as part of the Las Vegas installed conversion. The dampers are way too stiff. I've installed rear BMR control arms. The biggest improvement was qa1 adjustable shocks and struts. Car hooks really well now. You petty much need to be a pro level driver to keep it out of the ditch, however. No push whatsoever, but massive oversteer. Personally I think your best bet is to cherry pick individual pieces. I don't think any one company makes the best of everything across the board.
If you have that much oversteer then you need more front swaybar or less rear swaybar.

tsaints1115

Reaction score
I have the FRPP M-18000-A, M-5300-KA ,and M-5490-B struts,swaybars,and springs on my "10. The rest of the suspension is all BMR.

The car handles well with the stock parts but you can feel their limits as you push the car. With the new parts it handles scary good. Scary as in you run out of stones long before the car gives up grip.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
As far as traction and stability, most of the action will happen in the rear. BMR is good stuff, I don't care what the price tag says! That shit performs. Track proof just doesn't lie. If you're looking for a mean street car and aren't as concerned about track performance, just about anything that could be considered a budget build will work, tailor it to comfort and appearance. There aren't many part manufacturers that can account for the various grades and quality of street conditions their products will be used on to say "this is a street specific kit." Just consider what it is to drive wreckless on the streets, and what you can do to avoid mishaps. A super stiff suspension isn't going to do you any justice on the street as far as forward traction and stopping traction go. Stiffer typically corners better. Weight transfer needs to happen in order for forward traction and stopping traction to be effective. Upgrade your front brakes, GT500 or at least high quality friction materials. Stopping is going to be the #1 upgrade to support more power.

In regards to FRPP equipment, it should serve well for a mean street machine. I ran Koni Orange/FRPP "K" springs. I loved the appearance and ride quality. Cornered very well (stock sway bars). Stopped really well after the 14" Brembo (GT500) upgrade. No more pedal fade under heavy braking, and no more baked rotors with saucy pads. The J&M LCA & CHE Adjustable UCA with whiteline panhard/support combo kept the rear from sliding all over. It was a very predictable setup, and kept the car looking sharp too. I'd never would've been competitive at the track with that mash-up, but it worked well together on the street and didn't break the bank. I felt completely comfortable at high speed or max deceleration. Slide a few corners with confidence and control.

The beauty of a street car, it doesn't have to be set up to win races, just get the job done.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back