frt. studs for Strange brakes w/ Weld RT-S

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Before I get the FRPP front hubs with the 3" ARP studs, I just wanted to ask if that is even necessary?

I haven't received my Strange drag brakes yet, but it said there is a 1/4" spacer for between the hub and the rotor. That being said, I also don't have the Weld RT-S 15x4 2.5" bs wheels with low thickness hubs.

Anybody running the Strange brakes wish to chime in on drag-legal stud length issues?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the same brakes. My hole shots are super thin, I use the smallest Shank lug Mcgard offers on the stock studs will plenty of thread. Even with my Bogart Bolted GT Wheels same type of deal.

You don't have the RT-S Wheels? or you that's what you plan on using in the near future? Never seen a RT-S up close but from just looking at pics it looks to be about the same with as the bogart I don't see you having any issues with stock studs but going with the Arp's wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
No issues with the stock studs on the front with the RT-S. I have a set of Racestar's for the street and haven't had any issues with those either but using that wheel puts you out of NHRA legality. Fine for the street but will not pass tech.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
As others have said I'd stick with the stock studs. I got the long ass ARP studs and wish I hadn't. Not needed if you aren't trying to pass tech with wheels like racestars. With any decent wheel made for drag brakes the stockers should be fine, weigh less, and not be so annoying for wheel swaps.

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Duece212, that's what I figured. I am on the fence on the Weld RT-S or just getting Alumastars. Drag only, so I am not interested in those cast Chinese street wheels.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back