FS: Afco Double Pass Heat Exchanger 80280NDP

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
SOLD to WHT67.

I am upgrading to a Steeda Triple-Pass heat exchanger, so this Afco 80280NDP double-pass unit needs to go to a new home.

New retail on these is $550, market price new is $439, I'll let this one go for $325.00 SHIPPED in the continental USA...if you gift the PayPal. If you don't want to gift the PayPal then you pay the fees. My feedback is 100%.

Link to unit on American Muscle:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/afco-heatxchanger-0712gt500.html

It has been well cared for and I've always run it with distilled water and anti-freeze - with a touch of water-wetter.

It is now removed and ready to be boxed for shipping. Again, shipping is included in my asking price to the CONUSA.

Here are a couple shots comparing it to a stock Roush / GT500 unit. You can see it is much larger than an OEM-type unit. This is a good, not-too-costly upgrade for someone who wants better than stock but doesn't want to drop $700 at this point for a giant double or triple-pass unit with fans:

IMG_8364-vi.jpg

IMG_7046-vi.jpg

IMG_7047-vi.jpg

IMG_7048-vi.jpg

IMG_7073-vi.jpg

For sale on multiple forums. PM me for PayPal details.

Update 2/21/2015:

Off car and ready to be boxed and shipped. I removed all the bugs and straightened all the fins that were tweaked from bugs / pebbles, etc. as best I could...and I gave it a good cleaning with AC condenser cleaner. There is one spot (see detailed photo) where a rock has slightly dented one of the coolant passages and surrounding fins are crooked, but it does not leak and does not impact functionality at all. I took a good close-up.

I did a test before I pulled it...I ran my 20GPM Meziere for 30 seconds with the whole system intact (but the return line to the ice-box went into a kitchen trash can). I'm anxious to measure the quantity and post up. It was a LOT of fluid that it moved!

Anyway, here are the latest pics and a quick video if it works:

http://youtu.be/0Q4s7-h8n4Y

Backside: Great condition:

IMG_8433-vi.jpg

Front-side:

IMG_8435-vi.jpg

Here is where there is a rock-dent in a passage tube. Again, no leaks...works fine...but I wouldn't want someone to be surprised this dent is there during un-boxing after the sale:

IMG_8436-vi.jpg

Farther back view of same area:

IMG_8437-vi.jpg

Middle and right area:

IMG_8439-vi.jpg

I think my shipped price accurately reflects the unit's condition. Without shipping this unit is in the high $200 range. That's a steal.

Shane

Last edited:

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Good price! These are easy to add your own puller fans to, and have one hell of a cheap dual fan afco!

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
If you still have it by Thursday night I'll take it

Thursday night is when my Steeda triple-pass arrives, so your timing is excellent...nobody has jumped on it yet (Feeler via PM but nothing solid yet)...so you are first in line pending payment.

:thumb2:

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Bullett223 is first in line, 05gtmustang22 is second in line. I'll update thread if I receive payment from one of those two gentlemen and it becomes sold.

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
PM sent money ready in the AM I'm at work now tho, will this work for my Whipple charged 08 GT

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Sale pending payment from WhippledPony

EDIT: No payment received - still for sale to first guy who pays. PM me for my PayPal address.

Last edited:

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Too much "tire kicking" going on here...you guys know what this is and how it works. This is a nice, clean heat exchanger offered at a very fair price.

First guy that pays my full asking price gets it, and I'm not "holding" it for anyone. I do have some reasonable offers below my asking price which I will continue to consider, but I really do think my asking price - which is shipped in the CONUSA BTW - is fair.

I'm pulling it off the car in a couple hours and will post up some fresh pics.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Still available.

It is off my car and ready to ship. New detailed pics have been added to my first post.

kytoploader

forum member
Reaction score
It's been calling my name every day but I keep trying to ignore it. I need a new heat exchanger before summer.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back