Fuel codes and problems

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Didn't want to thread jack http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112487for my own issues, so new thread.

Since the initial startup of my new engine, I've been chasing a couple of electronic and fuel issues.

Basically, the car started and idled fine at first. The check engine light was on, and I was getting two codes:
P0182-Fuel Temperature Sensor Circuit Low Input
P0193-Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input

After reading the possible causes of the codes, I went through my wiring harness and found a couple of loose connections near the computer/fuse box. I'm fairly sure those are fixed now. Immediately after that, I started the car and it seemed to run, but then started dying at idle. A/F mix was off the gauge on the lean side. I checked codes again and now I had
P0182-Fuel Temperature Sensor Circuit Low Input
P2193-System Too Lean at Higher Load Bank 2

Next I checked all my vacuum lines, and they were all leak free, but my Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor had a small leak to it. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be like that, but I imagine not. Before I spend $160 on a new one, I was wondering if there was a way to actually test the sensor. At this point, I reset the codes and the check engine light went off. The codes were still showing if you checked them though.

I let the car sit overnight, then went out to start it this morning. The check engine light and the codes were still showing. I reset them, and the light stayed off, but the codes didn't clear. I went for a drive and it seemed like everything was working. A few light pulls and regular driving. Coming off the throttle to a stop brought the rpms down to like 500, but it would immediately pick back up. As I was coming back into my neighborhood, the car went off the gauge lean on a light pull. Not sure what's wrong, as it was working five minutes prior.

Ideas? I'm going to recheck the vacuum lines and wiring tonight, but I'm thinking its my FRPS.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some wiring problems for sure. I would check everything real good as well as the connectors. What is your fuel system? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge or can you datalog fuel pressure?

I have a spare frps I can send you to swap in for troubleshooting, pm me.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
It's a DOB fuel system. Basically the GT500 pumps, GT rails and GT FRPS.

Wiring looks good from what I've looked up. Tore up the entire area near where I've had problems.

I have a buddy coming by tonight that has a 06 GT. I'm gonna swap his sensor and see what happens.

I drive it around some more and filled up the tank. Replaced the fuel filter as well. It threw codes for bank A rich and low fuel rail pressure after that. The rich code cleared though.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Problem solved!

Ended up it was a bad connection to the FRPS.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

JonT

forum member
Reaction score
i am having the same issues. What's a bad connection mean?

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
Bad connection is a lack of continuity, which prevents the clean flow of signals. It can be cause by corrosion, bad pin, bent pin, recessed pin, or bad wire connecting to the pin(s).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back