Fuel Safe Pro

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
I saw an advertisement for Fuel Safe Pro. Claimed to add mileage to your gasoline by monitoring and adjusting your on board computer. I Googled it and found it got really good reviews and simple to use. Looks like it may not be available for long as oil companies are filing law suits.

It appears to plug in under your dash.

Anyone had experience with this device.

My one concern. Here's another computer chip on your car trying to control your engine.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Read up on the Fuel Shark scam, I’d wager without seeing it that this is the same concept.

Laga

Reaction score
There are no automotive miracles in a bottle. Period.

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Got it. I wouldn't want to do anything to interfere with how great my car is running

GriffX

Reaction score
I don't know this device, but in general it is possible to tweak the ECU to drive on low load condition with lean mixture. The manufacturer cannot do this, because the NOx will rise above an level the catalytic converter cannot handle (and the O2 sensor). Mercedes has Blue Efficiency engines with lean condition driving but has a special converter and special NOx sensors. And the engine can drive only a few seconds on this lean mode until the converter is full of NOx, then the engine switches to normal and burns the absorbed NOx in the converter. I guess it is around every 20 seconds.
So if you give a sh... about emissions you can drive longer in a lean mode.

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks Griffx. All that is way of my head. But this and other responses I'm not going to get one of those.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back