fuel system issue help please.

killswitch06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Ok I have the aeromotive 550 hp fuel setup for S&H Performance and the pump works great. But i have a new problem. When my tank gets close to halfway my fuel level gauge starts dropping to empty and coming back. I figured maybe its just the float sensor going out and decided not to worry about it. Well the thing is I actually started to run out of gas! And before anyone says maybe I was out of gas, no i WAS NOT. It normally takes me about 55 bucks to fill the tank. When i filled it after this incident it only took a little over 20 bucks and i went buck to full. Understand I drove from full to half empty. I just want to stress it was not out of fuel.

someone help me. :angry1:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Did you get the siphon tube from the passengers side of the tank hooked back up when you reinstalled the new fuel hat?

killswitch06GT

forum member
Reaction score
yes i checked both side of the tank and im still getting this problem. I dont see what it could be.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As discussed there is definetly an issue with your crossover siphon since your passenger side stays full and the driver side empties. The gas on your passenger side is not getting used as it should empty first. I know you removed the passenger side siphon and crossover on accident initialy so I would go back in on that side and make sure the crossover and siphon got put back in correctly.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Like Jeremy said it's the siphon hose, either on the fuel hat or on the pass side. I had the exact same symptoms when my hat was upgraded to GT pumps and it was the hose on my fuel hat that was the cause.

Earl

killswitch06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Weird thing is. If I switch tithe stock fuel hat problem goes away. I'll give it another shot but I just don't think that's the reason.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Could be a bad connection on the fuel hats siphon if the other fuel hat works, I have scene them go bad and loose seal over time which could cause it not to siphon fuel properly.

killswitch06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I found this rubber thing the fit on the end of the tube the goes down the side of the fuel pump. It is torn looks like it opens and closes

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It just for the discharge from the other side. It slows the fuel as it gets siphoned over and dumps it in the drivers side of the tank. Not important to the operation of the system, it wouldnt cause it not to siphon if it was torn or removed.

killswitch06GT

forum member
Reaction score
if it works with the stock fuel hat can i just put the fuel pump into the stock one? will that fit?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes or you could transfer over the white plastic siphon part to the new hat to try and rule out a bad siphon.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back