Gains?

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so I recently took my wife's 13' to the track and ran [email protected] with a 2.08 60ft on street tires. I went and bought a Cj intake, Cj twin 65mm tb, frpp Cj cai, sct tuner (with canned Cj intake tune), pypes o/r x-pipe, bmr lca's, and bmr lca relo brackets. I'm curious as to what I should expect the gains to be? What do you guys think it should run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
how about a tire? did u get a DR or are you going to run on street radials?

travelers

Reaction score
Probable 13.50s Hahahaha just kidding, should pick up some but a lot of variables go into it. If you buying a SCT tuner you might as well get a custom tune for your setup. And with the o/r X you should have a custom tune.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have a set of wheels that will clear the brakes. My 15's I use on my 06' won't even come close. So I'll be stuck on the same street tires. The tuner I bought has a tune specifically for these mods as I bought everything from the same guy (except the suspension). I do plan on an actual custom tune at some point but want to have either long tubes, fi, or go E85 before I go with one.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wheels and tires would have been a better start

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I just couldn't pass up the deal. I gave $1800 for all the parts I listed. I do know of a guy that has a set of race stars for sale that I'll probably pick up for it.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
12.96 @ 118

Without tires, you're going to be fighting it off the line. And at 1-2. And possibly at 2-3

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
Well I hope I can gain a little. I know I won't be able to get tires for it before the track closes (this is the last tnt of the season).

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Oh, your trap is going to be up. Probably close to 120, depending on tune

obsrt86

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have a set of wheels that will clear the brakes. My 15's I use on my 06' won't even come close. So I'll be stuck on the same street tires. The tuner I bought has a tune specifically for these mods as I bought everything from the same guy (except the suspension). I do plan on an actual custom tune at some point but want to have either long tubes, fi, or go E85 before I go with one.

Have you considered using a 5/8th spacer? My buddy and I run a 15x8 drag set up in the rear and we were having clearance issues and that 5/8th spacer solved our problem. Just a thought...

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
Hmm. I'll see if I can't find something local.

obsrt86

forum member
Reaction score
Hmm. I'll see if I can't find something local.

You should be able to. I bought mine at Oreily's. I forgot to mention that my buddies car is a 14 w/brembos. Works great for him. Should work fine on your wife's car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back