Gas leaked all over my car

riceeater33

forum member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is another special I need to do to remove the gas that spilled all over the back driver side? The damn click hold thing didn't stop and it got all over...I only had water and a microfiber towel so I used that to wipe it off.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Good deal! I see you have black! Check to see if it etched the clear any. You may have to polish it out some. I personally would hit the area with 3M ultrafina and a blue pad to remove any spider webbing from rubbing it with the gas/micro fiber towel.

riceeater33

forum member
Reaction score
Good deal! I see you have black! Check to see if it etched the clear any. You may have to polish it out some. I personally would hit the area with 3M ultrafina and a blue pad to remove any spider webbing from rubbing it with the gas/micro fiber towel.

Ok thanks for all the advice man!

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This happened to my wife's black Mercedes the other day. I immediately washed with soap and water and than used a quick detailer and the car looks just fine. It freaked me out as I have never seen that before. It spilled at least 3-4 extra gallons of fuel on the ground. Guess who got a refund? Not this guy! I was pretty pissed we got charged for the spilt fuel but oh well... Shit happens I guess.

riceeater33

forum member
Reaction score
This happened to my wife's black Mercedes the other day. I immediately washed with soap and water and than used a quick detailer and the car looks just fine. It freaked me out as I have never seen that before. It spilled at least 3-4 extra gallons of fuel on the ground. Guess who got a refund? Not this guy! I was pretty pissed we got charged for the spilt fuel but oh well... Shit happens I guess.

Yea, I've never had gas spill out before. I was looking at the price like I always do and then I heard it. Thing was it was around the normal price I pay. I had it locked in place, damn thing must of been stuck. I noticed this morning that a little dribble of water/gas rolled down from inside the gas cap and I cant tell if it the clear is etched or not. really pissed me off maybe it is just a water stain. I use to have a spray detailer and I dont know what I did with it.

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
Fuel will not etch your clear coat with just a quick splash. I wouldnt worry about it, the clear is pretty thick from the factory your car is just fine.

riceeater33

forum member
Reaction score
Fuel will not etch your clear coat with just a quick splash. I wouldnt worry about it, the clear is pretty thick from the factory your car is just fine.

Well the detail guy just came to look and he said it might have barely went through the clear :wtf1:

he also said its a possiblility that it is a hard water stain. lets hope for that one.

riceeater33

forum member
Reaction score
Gas won't hurt our paint unless it sits for a long time baking in the sun, etc.

it was good, I was nervous there for a min. Had it detailed while I was at work. Looks great again! thanks for everyones advice! Im definitely not even a novice at detailing and all that stuff but ill learn

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back