Rear passenger Floor pan leaking

Deathstang II

Reaction score
I know, there's countless forum posts on S197 water leaks, only I have not found anything about the passenger rear floor pan leaking.

Story goes; I did a typical Mustang owner thing and got a bit impatient at a stop and sent the car into a curb and now have to replace my rear end since it bent the Axle Tubes (I believe, driver mod needed) l o l. Curb sent a nice dent into the K-member, bent panhard bar, tweaked upper CA, and destroyed my rim. All of that aside from the axle has been replaced/fixed, but since then I wanna say is when I noticed it slightly getting wet back there.

I don't see any other noticeable damage under the car, so my guess is when the car got hit it shifted the body ever so slightly to bust open some of the factory cocking? In the image its coming out from under the rear seat bracket and working its way into those channels upwards to the front floor pan. Im thinking maybe remove passenger side skirt and spray water around the area? Or just a fuck ton of RTV up in that bitch lol.

Any suggestion would be appreciated unless this is another one of those rare occurrences. Would a collision shop be the one to have this addressed? Thanks!

IMG_0169.JPG

Last edited:

DieHarder

Reaction score
Is that a hole? Unless you're fording streams water shouldn't be coming in that way. It's more likely you need to replace the upper window seal on the passenger side. To be sure where the water is coming from I'd recommend removing the passenger seat and taking it to a car wash. While going thru it check all areas of the door and floor for water. Usually water in the rear either comes in from the front or the window seal. If water is coming in at that point it's time to remove the side skirt and check for damage. You'll need a box of panel/molding retainer clips (plastic about 2 in long) when you do because most of them will break when you remove them. About $20 on feebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1553922193...ekPljHMwh1WdTNWdlsmq2kuQ0=|tkp:Bk9SR9D4wNzKYQ

MasterofDisaster

Reaction score
window seal
I think you're right. I had a 93 5.0 that had a water leak on the passenger side that was soaking the carpet. Ford dealer put a ton of caulk on the firewall. Didn't help. Turned out to be flaw in the door that was causing the seal to fail.

Deathstang II

Reaction score
Not likely the window seal, it wasn’t raining outside anymore but the ground was wet enough so I decided to take the car out and pay close attention and that’s when I noticed water was coming out from that little area under that bracket.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back