Gear head checking in from Austin

Travis R

forum member
Reaction score
Greetings!
Just checking in. I'm thinking about buying a S197, so I've come in search of info. And found lots of it so far. Seems like a good group here.
A little back ground: I owned a '65 coupe when I was younger and really learned how to work on cars because of it. I rebuilt the 289 in high school and really loved that car. My wife says she loved the way it smelled... I keep telling her that smell was a combination of musty old vinyl, leaking transmission fluid, and burning oil, but hey, whatever got her to date me obviously worked!
Then I got into Subarus. Had a 2.5 RS as my first new car, then a WRX after that. The WRX started to nickle-and-dime us shortly after 100K miles.
I've been driving older BMW's the last few years (E28, now an E34). I bought both of them with around 200K miles on them. Love that bulletproof M30 (3.5L straight 6)!
I also really enjoy autocrossing. I drove my street cars for a while, then co-drove with various friends in Prepared. Then had an FSAE car for a few years. That thing was a blast.
I'm also building (at an extremely slow pace) a 2nd gen RX7 for F-Prepared.
I also enjoy doing some welding/machining/fabrication on the side.
So I'm looking forward to getting back into a car that I can mod (and autocross) for fun as the time/budget permit.
Oh and I have two little girls (5 and 1.5 yrs old)
:beer:

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards. Lots of good folks and great information on this one.

Sent telepathically

Travis R

forum member
Reaction score
Bumping my original intro thread to say that I've finally bought a Mustang!
2009 GT with just under 36k miles. It has a glass roof which, until yesterday, I'd never even seen in person.
I'm really looking forward to getting to know the car, and making some improvements with bolt ons. I already have a track day scheduled in a couple weeks at Texas World Speedway!

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site and nice ride, the glass roof is awesome

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back