BigSkyGT

Not your daddy.
Reaction score
This was on the dash of my 84 GT 350.
11.jpg

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Here is my buddy's '77 Cobra II. It had an EFI roller cam 331 stroker, aluminum GT40 heads, TFS Stage II, Z-spec T5, and 3.73 gears in the 8" rear. Someone had spent a mint on restoring it. I think we counted over $20k in receipts. It was pretty quick and it wasn't embarrassing to be seen in it.

christmas0102.jpg

I have a whole lot of respect for V8 Pintos! Lol, seriously though that's the craziness that separates us from the people who leave things alone. We always want to make it faster.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
So what the fuck does the dash emblem read ? 25 Years!!! And while you're at it, go back to post #31 of this thread and look at the you tube video and link that I posted..

Also do a google search in which you'll find out for yourself that Ford did indeed officially designate all mid 1989 thru 1990 models as 25th anniversary editions.

The 1999 35th is the only GT to have a genuine anniversary edition.

Wrong again newbie ! The 1984 GT 350 was also a genuine 20th anniversary edition

View attachment 57585

View attachment 57586

Last edited:

rjyote

forum member
Reaction score
It's just a dash emblem. That doesn't make it an "anniversary edition". Most all of them got that badge from 4/89 to late 1990. Or do I have to school you on that too? But first this:

Let's take any consecutive sequence of years, 2012-2014, for example. 2012 plus two equals 2014. This is called math, or mathematics if you prefer.

But the automotive industry does not work this way. It works on what are called "model years", commonly abbreviated as "MY". Now, let us take our 2012-2014 example from above. 2012 plus two still equals 2014, and always will. But how many model years (MY) does this represent? The answer is as follows:

2012-MY number one
2013-MY number two
2014 MY number three

Surprise! Even though 2012+2=2014, this sequence of years contains three model years, hence the reason that from MY 1965 to MY 2014 there are fifty model years.

Case closed.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
It's just a dash emblem. That doesn't make it an "anniversary edition". Most all of them got that badge from 4/89 to late 1990. Or do I have to school you on that too? But first this:

Let's take any consecutive sequence of years, 2012-2014, for example. 2012 plus two equals 2014. This is called math, or mathematics if you prefer.

But the automotive industry does not work this way. It works on what are called "model years", commonly abbreviated as "MY". Now, let us take our 2012-2014 example from above. 2012 plus two still equals 2014, and always will. But how many model years (MY) does this represent? The answer is as follows:

2012-MY number one
2013-MY number two
2014 MY number three

Surprise! Even though 2012+2=2014, this sequence of years contains three model years, hence the reason that from MY 1965 to MY 2014 there are fifty model years.

Case closed.

Yeah okay ! Your right and Ford is wrong.. As they put those anniversary edition dash plaques on all those cars for just the hell of it right lol.

Btw: Did the thought ever cross your mind that perhaps Ford didn't decide to begin placing anniversary plaques/badges on the fenders until 1999 ?

As for when the 25th anniversary plaques began.. No shit, as I posted the dates from mid 89 thru the entire 1990 model year in this thread 3 times before you even started posting..

Therefore if anybody needs schooling ? it's you..

End of story!!!

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Yeah okay ! Your right and Ford is wrong.. As they put those anniversary edition dash plaques on all those cars for just the hell of it right lol.

Btw: Did the thought ever cross your mind that perhaps Ford didn't decide to begin placing anniversary plaques/badges on the fenders until 1999 ?

End of story!!!
Not quite.
By that logic, where the 35th separate model year is somehow construed to be a 35th anniversary, the 1st model year would be . . .

wait for it . . .

an anniversary of itself.

Norm

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Not quite.
By that logic, where the 35th separate model year is somehow construed to be a 35th anniversary, the 1st model year would be . . .

wait for it . . .

an anniversary of itself.

Norm

Yes Norm, an anniversary of itself is 0.. Not only do I remember, but I also agreed with you on that one as well..

rjyote

forum member
Reaction score
Are you also blind as well ? The quote reads GT-350, not just GT.. Oops, my bad.. I shouldn't had placed a space between GT and 350 :poke:

There was no anniversary 84 GT. There was a 20th anniversary 84 GT350. You clearly do not know Fox Mustangs.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
There was no anniversary 84 GT. There was a 20th anniversary 84 GT350. You clearly do not know Fox Mustangs.

And you obviously don't know how to read, dumb ass.. As for not knowing Fox Mustangs.. I owned 3 of them, in which my last was a 93 SVT Cobra..

In the meantime, I suggest taking a re-fresher course in reading comprehension.. Providing you have enough intelligence to even understand that!!!

Therefore for the last time, I said 20th anniversary 84 GT350.. NOT GT.. Got It ???

GT350 and GT 350 are both interpreted as one in the same.. My only mistake was placing a space between the letters GT and 350.. Ever heard of a typo error before ? In your case, probably not !

Last edited:

rjyote

forum member
Reaction score
As for not knowing Fox Mustangs.. I owned 3 of them...

Three? How unimpressive. I've had eleven Fox cars (two T-Birds and nine Mustangs), but one is good enough, except in your case. I can compile a reading list for you if you really want to learn. Let me know.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
^^^^
First ! You need to go back to grammar school and learn how to read before putting up any kind of list and second, I don't believe you even have enough intelligence to know how to drive, let alone ever owned a single Mustang in your pathetic life :flip2:

Last edited:

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score

2012-MY number one
2013-MY number two
2014 MY number three

Case closed.

Nice. I love it when a smartass comes along and makes himself look like an idiot.

Guess what makes a car an anniversary edition.

Math? Eh... I mean mathematics? :rolleyes: Nope.

Calendar year versus model year aka "MY"? No sir.

It's when the fucking manufacturer puts a fucking anniversary badge, decal, or window sticker on the car to sell it, dipshit.

Case closed.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
It's when the fucking manufacturer puts a fucking anniversary badge, decal, or window sticker on the car to sell it, dipshit.
Which in some cases has still come around to some moron in a high enough position at that mfr not comprehending what an anniversary is. That makes him the dipshit, not the people calling Ford out on it without knowing or even caring who he was.

Norm

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Not exactly.

That moron is in marketing and his job is to move units. If a 32-cent anniversary plaque on the dash gets a splash of publicity, some showroom traffic, and a few extra cars sold, you bet your ass he's gonna do it.

And whoever that moron is, he is laughing about people arguing model year semantics over something he did just to get a bonus.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back