Goin heads up with Dorman parts on their instrument clusters.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
08 GT Premium. 140, 6 gauges, no my color. It does have the 3 led illumination that can be blended to whatever color.

Wasn't it late 07-early 08 that Ford was being sued by someone for using the "MyColor" name? I thought I heard/read that somewhere so these cars were not wired up to utilize the MyColor feature...however they have the correct gauge cluster?

Have you looked behind the blank panel in the upper right corner of the radio/center stack bezel to see if the wires are there? I was thinking that they were deleted during this time but not sure.

RH

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, after debating with them for two days now, they are finally telling me that the failed in their research and application cataloging. I'd sure of hated to sell one of those clusters and it of been wrong after sending back the customers core... That would of been a glorious disaster. Thanks for the input fellas!!! With the help of S197 forum, it looks like we educated some people in somewhat important places.

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
Well, after debating with them for two days now, they are finally telling me that the failed in their research and application cataloging. I'd sure of hated to sell one of those clusters and it of been wrong after sending back the customers core... That would of been a glorious disaster. Thanks for the input fellas!!! With the help of S197 forum, it looks like we educated some people in somewhat important places.

i used to work for an autoparts store... dorman sells a lot of "quality" products, even the lugnuts suck

dlrs14

forum member
Reaction score
Just a quick fyi.. ordered one from them 2 months ago for my 05, gave them my vin and mileage. Cluster came in within a week and worked perfect, with 140 mph speedo.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's odd, gave them my vin and they said sorry, can't supply you. Also something about them only being for non abs cars?

dlrs14

forum member
Reaction score
Weird, I had no issues what so ever. Ordered mine through Rock Auto. Don't know if that makes any difference though as it is still a dorman replacement cluster...strange..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back